JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy A31 multi-touch issue in landscape mode

(Topic created: 05-13-2023 12:49 PM)
sherdil1
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

After December's software update, I started facing multi-touch issues in landscape mode only. I searched on the internet and found that many people are facing the same issue. I read on a thread that I might get solved in the next software update.
After April's software update, the problem still persists. I complained on Samsung's email and I was asked to visit any nearby customer service center.
So, I visited one and the guy there told me that it is a software issue and they need to reinstall the software. He asked me to backup my data so they can proceed.
I came back and backed up my data. When I visited the service center again, there was another guy who told me that it is a hardware problem and they need to replace the screen and he assured me that it will solve the problem. He said that it will cost around $113 (31500 in PKR).

Now that is how much my phone's worth right now. I think I should not spend that much on my phone's repair.

I again emailed Samsung to know if they are telling truth, but nobody responded this time.
But I have a few questions. 
If many people are facing the same issue, what did Samsung do about it?
How a software update can damage a hardware of a phone?
If the touch is working fine in portrait mode and only troubles in landscape mode, what type of hardware problem is that?
If the service center people does not know about the actual problem, they should not try to sell parts even when its not needed.
Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thanks for reaching out. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thanks for reaching out. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html