Original topic:

How can I change from RCS to SMS/MMS on my Samsung A53?

(Topic created: 02-14-2024 11:17 AM)
Lorenita22
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

How do I change rsc in messaging to sms/mms A 53 

8 Replies
Pomacat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Why would you want to RCS is way better
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
In some places it doesn't work well.
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Just go into Google message setting and turn off RCS chats, or you can also keep it on and just turn on resend as SMS for meassges that dont go through.
0 Likes
ShayBaby_16
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I used to be able to switch from rcs to sms if the person I'm sending my text do doesn't have data or wifi on, but now it's not letting me do so. It's just closing and opening the time stamp at which the message was "sent". I haven't changed any of my settings, this just all of a sudden stopped working and because I can't switch how the message is sent, I cant text certain people unless they have data on. I don't want to disable rcs, I just want to be able to do what I once did. Which was switch the way the text is sent.

0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thought this is what you are asking. 1707950205371.jpg
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Even with RCS turned on, you should still be able to text people who don't have RCS.  Frankly, it's not really your problem if someone you text chooses not to have data  or wi-fi on or have their RCS chats turned on. RCS will only go to those who have it turned on, everyone else will get SMS/MMS. To make doubly sure it goes through as SMS, go to your RCS chat settings and turn the slider to the right on the section that says re send as sms for messages that don't go through.

0 Likes
ShayBaby16
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

The message goes through, but they don't receive it until THEY turn data on/have wifi. I'm not sure how else to explain it other than that I used to be able to click the message and have the option to send as RCS or SMS. Now I don't. I've got the resend as text enabled, but it doesn't do anything. 

If the person I was texting did not have wifi or data at the time, when I sent the text it would show only 1 checkmark underneath (read receipts). I could click that checkmark and it would give me the option to resend the text as SMS. Now, it doesn't let me do that and I'm not sure what happened. 

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Just turn the RCS chats off and all your texts will go as SMS. As I said before, it is not your problem if people on the other end choose to turn off their data and/or wi-fi (who does that and why?)

0 Likes