JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to block blue-tooth access for a single app

(Topic created: 10-06-2023 01:37 PM)
RobCh
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I'm using Android 13 (on a Samsung A52-5G phone with UI version 5.1) and the app I'd like to block bluetooth usage is Genius Maps.
My phone and car are setup for hands-free operation. But I want to have Genius Maps voice navigation use the phone's internal speaker instead of coming over my cars stereo.

Here`s what`s going on....
To listen to the voice navigation I have to select bluetooth as my audio source on the car stereo, which means I can't listen to any other source (like the radio).
If I want to listen to the radio, Genius Maps audio can't be heard because it sees a bluetooth connection and blindly assumes it has access to the car audio system.

My old BB10 phone had the ability to restrict bluetooth access by app.

Before anyone says...why not use Google Maps??
1. Google maps doesn't have some of the roads that I use (Genius Maps does).
2. A lot of places I drive through do not have cell phone coverage. Genius Maps is completely self-contained and doesn't need an internet connection.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Shadowfalx
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Have you tried "Separate app Sound" either in settings > sounds and vibrations or in "Sound Assistant"?

I'm not sure if the A54 has it in settings or Sound assistant

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
Shadowfalx
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Have you tried "Separate app Sound" either in settings > sounds and vibrations or in "Sound Assistant"?

I'm not sure if the A54 has it in settings or Sound assistant
RobCh
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Wow!! That's just what I was Looking for - THANK YOU!!

I won't be able to actually try out the solution until tomorrow, but it looks very similar to the way BB10 used to do it.

I'll let you know how I make out.

Shadowfalx
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Awesome, I'm glad you were able to find it. I don't have an A54 so I want sure the exact location it was in. Hopefully it works exactly as you were planning.
0 Likes
RobCh
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

It works exactly as I was hoping it would.

Thanks!!