JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to cast video from apps other than Youtube from the A52s smartphone to the UE49KS8000 screen

(Topic created: 01-14-2022 04:43 AM)
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello,

I'm in Poland and I already tried seeking help on this with Samsung Poland but they couldn't advise me. I'm using the Canal+ On-line mobile application on my A52s but would like to cast it to a bigger screen, like that of my old good SUHD named here UE49KS8000. One very important thing: using trial and error, I installed - one after another - screen mirroring/casting apps from Play Store, until I found one which - together with the in-built Smart View / Smart Things device functionality  - did the thing (i.e. I could watch the movies run on my phone on the TV), so I'm 100% positive it can be done (even though the Canal+ On-line application cannot be installed on this TV model, as it requires Tizen 4.0 or higher). Now - unfortunately something made me revert my A53s back to the factory settings for several days - and now I am unable to recreate the working configuration (there are so many of those screen mirroring/casting apps, but I can't find the right one which I successfully used before).... Could you help me please - I'd appreciate it very much indeed.

With Kind Regards

Piotr

0 Likes
6 Replies
Shelliam
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
It's called 'SmartView' and its not really an 'app' anymore, they moved the button to the quick panel. If it's not in your panel layout, check for it by selecting 'edit buttons' and it'd be there. If you need help reconfiguring it back to how you had it previously or want help with anything else lmk, I'm more than happy to help Screenshot_20220114-063300_Samsung Members_20073_1642163689.jpg
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Sorry - I thought it goes without saying when I wrote that one additional screen mirroring/casting app from Google Play (which I haven't memorized, and am now unable to find and use again) was doing the job, my phone automatically turned on the in-built SmartView tool (whose button indicated in your picture went blue) - so I never even mentioned it (which I should have). However, by itself, SmartView not only isn't capable of casting videos from the Canal+ mobile application, but it behaves in a very strange manner here: once I activate it manually all I'm getting on my SUHD screen is the first home page of my smartphone! It is completely static and unresponsive, so no matter which Android app I launch on my A52s it is only visible on the phone screen and NOT on the TV! This makes me suspect that something went wrong when I (for some unrelated reasons) reverted the phone's factory settings and/or while I was configuring it to my own settings again.... What am I missing?!! Otherwise, my A52s works perfectly well - just no SmartView (apart from always the same picture of its home page) and no casting to my TV of my Canal+ on-line videos which previously worked perfectly. What do you think can be the reason? Cheers,

Piotr

0 Likes
airporĺ
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Ontario
0 Likes
Solution
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

OK, guys - please disregard my "problem". It turns out that at some stage of my resetting and then re-configuring the phone, something indeed went south; not being able to make it work again I re-booted it once more as a last resort and - voila! Everything works just as it should, including the mobile version of my Canal+ online application, without any additional app, just using SmartView. Silly me 😞  Cheers,

Piotr

Mike079
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I use xcast on Google play you can stream anything from you phone on any TV Android Amazon Samsung Roku etc... I liked it so much I paid for the pro version.
0 Likes
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

BTW - since my Wi-Fi stability leaves a lot to be desired - is connecting a smartphone to a TV using "Wi-Fi Direct" considered to be generally more stable than connecting to a local network as provided by a 4G router without external antennas, inside a medium-sized study full of electronic equipment? What do you think? TIA

Piotr