Original topic:

Samsung M30s freeze and reboots suddenly

(Topic created: 08-30-2023 08:22 AM)
mani_k
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello,

My Samsung m30s freeze suddenly and it reboots. It started 1 month back , last security update was done in April, 2023. It is running on software version M307FXXS4CWC2/M307FODM4CWC2/M307FXXS4CWC1

There is no systematic pattern noticed for this issue, but I have few observations as following:

-  When It crashes once and reboots , this cycle repeats multiple time before getting stable. Once stable, it may work for 1-2 hours and sometime works well for entire day without any issue.

- It crashes and reboots even if kept idle Ex. During night when not used actively, so looks like not linked to some buggy applications.

-  All the running application retains the same state as it was before reboots , so it seems memory is not get cleaned (not able to understand how ) , I read few threads on similar issue but this observation seems unique to me.

Full factory reset is performed, but problem is not rectified .

I approached to authorized service center but they are asking for leaving phone for 2-3days which I find difficult to manage. 

Can anybody help to understand if it is software or hardware issue? Accordingly I will approach to local repair shop as phone is out of warranty anyway.

Thanks in advance for any support.

Mani 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@mani_k Since this discussion area is for Samsung US products and services, there aren't going to be many people here with knowledge of that device. A better spot to post your question would be a Samsung discussion area for your geographical area. 

Since Factory reset didn't solve the issue, I suspect that your device has a hardware problem. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@mani_k Since this discussion area is for Samsung US products and services, there aren't going to be many people here with knowledge of that device. A better spot to post your question would be a Samsung discussion area for your geographical area. 

Since Factory reset didn't solve the issue, I suspect that your device has a hardware problem. 

mani_k
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks for quick reply and leads, I will open thread in regional forum.

Thanks    

0 Likes