Original topic:

When will the Samsung Galaxy a20 get android 11 one UI 3.0?

(Topic created: 12-01-2021 09:47 PM)
Atlai
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have a Samsung Galaxy a20 from  metro pcs and I saw that it was eligible for the android 11 upgrade so I've been checking for the past 3 months and nothing ever came up...can someone help me like am I missing something? Do only unlocked phones get the upgrade or what? I'm still on android 10

9 Replies
Options
Other Mobile Devices
A friend of mine has an A20 unlocked and has yet to receive Android 11 UI 3.1 with T-Mobile. He did receive the October update but without Android 11. I'm at a loss on what's going on.
Atlai
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I also received the October update without android 11....mabey it's the carriers or something?? I heard people across the globe with an a20 got the update way before the U.S. idk what's happening
Zachsupport
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Unlocked variants always lag a few weeks behind carriers for some reason. My A21 has now gotten Android 11 but I use an S21 now. My A21 was T-Mobile.
Kji_X
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I also use the A20 with t mobile and got the October update but I still have no clue why I havent got one ui 3 yet
MDGS
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Me too exactly on Metro and I got a security patch October 22, I was told to use a PC and use Samsung Switch but not possible and if I did I would have put Android 11 BETA which is not the complete stable version of UI 3.O and I'm under the impression if or when it happens then we don't get UI 3.1 but 3.0 .When I got my Android 10 ,I received 2.0 and not 2.1 like my other A21 I purchased 8 months ago and my A21 got Android 11 UI 3.1 in November as scheduled
MDGS
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I was told by 1 tech from SAMSUNG that BEST BUY will do it for free but haven't got there yet. Good luck and if anything hits please share
MDGS
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
This is a Samsung thing cause been back and forth and the Android 11 is complete and is off Samsung's notification
Allycatt
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
A20 unlock? Not sim
0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices
A phone locked or unlocked has nothing to do with the sim card. Locked or unlocked refers to being locked to a carrier or being free to move the phone to different carriers.
0 Likes