Original topic:

(bn59-01178w) TV remote channel list & guide button don't work

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
KyGirl67
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Just received new remote (actual Samsung) not universal for my Samsung LCD TV and I can't seem to get the channel list & guide button to work??   Everything else is working fine

3 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! Thank you so much for posting about this. I'm happy that you received your new remote. I'll be more than delighted to assist. When you press the channel and guide button on the remote what does it do? Have you tried to reset the remote? Remove the batteries and press Power for 8 seconds to reset the remote. Then reinsert the batteries and try to use the remote again. 

Here is a link you might find helpful: https://www.samsung.com/my/support/tv-audio-video/samsung-tv-remote-control-is-not-working/

Please let me know if this helps

KyGirl67
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Removed batteries still don[t work, did the infrared test still don't work. Channel List, Channel up & down and guide still don't work.  Pressing the numbers to change station doesn't work. 😵

Think it's easier to say what does work!!  Vol button, P-size, Tools, menu, Info and that' it!!🤔

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Just want to confirm are you using a cable box or antenna to watch TV. If you are using a cable box you will need a universal remote to control it.