JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S90C Tv YoutubeTV app stopped working

(Topic created: 02-09-2024 12:23 PM)
MartinG
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I have a Samsung s90c smart TV and I’m using Samsung’s YoubeTV app.  YouTubeTv worked fine until January 29 and then it stopped loading channels/videos.  Everything else on the TV works fine. 

I have no problem with Samsung’s apps for Youtube, Prime, FrndlyTV, MAX, Pluto or Tubi.   I have spoken to Samsung and they have remoted into my TV and tell me it’s not a TV problem.  He suggested changing DNS settings to all 8’s.  Didn't help.   I have done both soft resets (holding down the power button for 15 seconds, unplugging TV for 30 seconds) and hard resetting the TV to factory settings.  I have reset the SmartHub.  I have also deleted the YouTubeTV app and reinstalled it multiple times.  I have deleted/reinstalled the app along with the various resets in about every combination I can come up with.  The firmware is up to date.  This is the second S90C I have had since my initial purchase in early December 2023.  The first one intermittently turned itself off and back on (and Samsung couldn’t remotely repair it) so I returned it a week and a half before the YoutubeTV problem started.  The YoutubeTV app worked fine on both of them until now. 

The YoutubeTV app will start and I can go to the homepage or live TV page with guide.  This was problematic until I turned off the autorun in settings.  If I click on any video thumbnail or guide channel on either page, the video/channel will not load; I only get black screen with circle loading bar.   I have spoken to Youtube and they don’t have a solution.  My location is correct in YoutubeTV.   I am not attempting to run YoutubeTV on more than three devices at a time.    I am not a 4K subscriber.  I have decreased broadcast delay.  I have lowered the resolution to 720p.  I have gone into the app and deleted cache and data (However, there has never been a numerical amount of cache or data.  Only zeros.).

My internet provider is AT&T fiber.  I’ve had gigabite service with them for years.  Speedtest on the TV browser has measured no lower than 30 Mbps download/40 Mbps upload in tests at different times/different days.  I know that seems low;  today, I got 117 Mbps/189 Mbps wireless and 98 Mbps/72 Mbps wired.  I have tried connections both with wifi and network cable.  My at&t app suggested that I create a guest network and attach the TV to it.  I did.  I   have a friend who services computer networks and he opened a couple of ports on the router/gateway that he said I needed opened.  He also reset the router/gateway.  I spent some phone time with AT&T rep and he could find no problem with my service or equipment.  He also reset the router/gateway.  He also said that since I can run YoutubeTV videos/shows on my laptop, then the at&t network is not blocking youtubeTV.

I have a Roku plugged into the back of this TV and it works fine.  I can (and am) watching YoutubeTV on it.  I’d really like to watch it on my new TV though.  Does anyone have any idea how I can get this Samsung TV YoutubeTV app to work?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hi there, Thanks so much for posting about this. It sounds like you've already been through all the troubleshooting steps found in this guide:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshoot/TSG10000062/

The next step we would recommend would be to contact the app developer as there may be a software issue that needs updating. 

View solution in context

6 Replies
Thronnos
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Slightly different TV but same technology base, I have the S95B and I haven't seen this issue. Can you reinstall the app? For some reason I doubt this will work but you never know. Reinstall, sign out of your YT account, sign back in. All I can think of.

Edit- for clarification. Sign out, then uninstall. Then install and sign in again. In that order. Also see if you can revoke access from that device in your Google account if it shows there before you reinstall
0 Likes
MartinG
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I've deleted and reinstalled the app on the tv a number of times.previously  Just now, I went into the google account and four of those previous sessions showed signed in.  I went into each of those four and signed out.  I could not find a way to revoke access to the smartTV device without revoking access to all  youtubetv.  I have it operating properly on two roku streaming sticks.  So, I didn't revoke.  After i signed out on those four, I deleted the app, installed the app and signed it.  IT still doesn't work.    Should I revoke access to all of youtubeTV?

0 Likes
MartinG
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I have signed out and reinstalled the app multiple times.  Didn't help.

0 Likes
dad4lou5281
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Different model, but same problem. Also went through all the same steps without success.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hi there, Thanks so much for posting about this. It sounds like you've already been through all the troubleshooting steps found in this guide:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshoot/TSG10000062/

The next step we would recommend would be to contact the app developer as there may be a software issue that needs updating. 

kenmc
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
I was having problems with the espn app totally freezing my 65S90C. After trying all sorts of reboots and reinstalling etc.. manually installing firmware seems to have solved the problem.
0 Likes