Original topic:

Frame TV Spotify in Art Mode

(Topic created: 08-06-2023 10:43 AM)
EricL81
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Is there a way to play Spotify on the TV when in Art Mode?  Have the TV connected to my stereo and when it goes into Art Mode it shuts off the stereo. I would love for it to be in Art Mode and play Spotify with my stereo on. 
thanks,

Eric

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Yes they're definitely is open up your art mode and select whatever you would like now using Samsung SmartThings click on your TV then top right hand corner three dots select now select play sound of phone on TV you are now free to use whatever music player you would like including Spotify all you have to do is hold down the play button on your one remote to pop up your player settings and music wall you can either choose to have a reactive music wall or leave it on the photo of your choiceScreenshot_20230806_105608_SmartThings.jpg20230806_105444_1000012933_1691344533.jpg20230806_105742_1000012937_1691344663.jpg

View solution in context

8 Replies
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Yes they're definitely is open up your art mode and select whatever you would like now using Samsung SmartThings click on your TV then top right hand corner three dots select now select play sound of phone on TV you are now free to use whatever music player you would like including Spotify all you have to do is hold down the play button on your one remote to pop up your player settings and music wall you can either choose to have a reactive music wall or leave it on the photo of your choiceScreenshot_20230806_105608_SmartThings.jpg20230806_105444_1000012933_1691344533.jpg20230806_105742_1000012937_1691344663.jpg
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Thank you so much for sharing @JBTechfanatic!  This will be beneficial to the community!

pwh70
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

A little punctuation in this reply would make it possible to follow... I am not following the sequence of what do with what here. 

My SmartThings options screen(s) definitely do not look like the screenshots shown above when I select my TV in the app. 

I am still not having any luck trying to get Spotify to play in the background when art is displayed on the screen.

JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Yes they're definitely is. First open up your art mode and select whatever you would like. Now using Samsung SmartThings click on your TV. Then click top right hand corner three dots select now select play sound of phone. Next on TV you are now free to use whatever music player you would like including Spotify. All you have to do is hold down the play button on your one remote to pop up your player settings and music wall. You can either choose to have a reactive music wall or leave it on the photo of your choice.
0 Likes
userjStNQCoDM3
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

You have ambient mode, not Art mode. Different tv. 

JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Just connect your phone via Bluetooth to The Frame, and then once it connects you’ll see an option for listening with Art Mode.

There’s also an option called Music Wall that will show moving graphics. These graphics seem to change at will with no way to customize them, at least none I’ve found so far.
Alisonmae
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

This is literally not the case. I do not have the 3 dot option on my smart things app

0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Just connect your phone via Bluetooth to The Frame, and then once it connects you’ll see an option for listening with Art Mode.

There’s also an option called Music Wall that will show moving graphics. These graphics seem to change at will with no way to customize them, at least none I’ve found so far. 2022 Frame and later.