Original topic:

UNWANTED FIRMWARE UPDATE, CAN'T favorite My Photos

(Topic created: 04-10-2024 10:32 PM)
PTSD1
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I turned off auto updates because if ain't broke, don't fix it. Apparently Samsung found a way to bypass that and push another terrible update. 

Hundreds of photos I uploaded over the past year were removed from my "favorites". And now, the interface has changed such that there is not option to favorite any of my uploaded photos. I can only favorites pictures from the Art Store. For My Photos I can only find "Matte & Filter, and Screen Settings."

1. How did Samsung bypass my no autoupdate settings? 
2. How can I get the ability to favorite my uploaded pictures?

37 Replies
jazzman990
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

This happened to me too 😡

Chanton-1977
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Another unbelievable action by Samsung. I can no longer add or remove items from my 'favorites' folder.I change all of the art every few weeks and have it rotate among my art work. However, can't do that now. On both existing 'favorites' and new art, the ability to do that is gone! They can't fix that in a timely manner, but they sure can get my autopay for my Art Store subscription right on time. I'd call them for a credit on my art store sub, but the only nightmare that is worse than the Frame TV is dealing with their tech support. While I have several Samsung products - in addition to 3 smart TV's, my smart washer and dryer and my smart microwave - I regret the day I purchased the Frame TV, not too mention the additional $500 for a decent looking frame for it. Samsung really needs to get a dedicated team on this one, give it PRIORITY status and get it fixed ASAP!

0 Likes
FrameFan
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

We also have lost all the art we have selected in our favourites folder … spent hours looking over the last couple of years… we also cannot favourite anything.

Samsung please fix! 

Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Strange, what year model are your Frame's?

PTSD1
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
2022, 75 inch
user4zBl9Z37v7
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Same here! Samsung what are doing?! 

Scaf
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Happened here too.  Very disappointing.  Was about to get frame tvs for every bedroom and large ones for the common rooms for a new build just completed. Not going to reward Samsung with those purchases now for taking away core functionality. 

firesign
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Also happened to me, too. I'm hoping it's a bug and not an intended "feature", but I can find no way to report it as a bug (as if anyone from Samsung would listen).
The one thing that makes me think they might not have intended this is that I went into the "Smart" Things interface on my Android phone, and it still has a heart in the "My Album" interface that lets you select photos from My Album as a "favorite". But alas, when I select that choice, it just spins, and doesn't successfully add the photo (or uploaded art work) to the Favorites list.
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

My frame received the 1622.4 update. So far, I still have my Favorites section.

0 Likes