Original topic:

2020 Frame Feedback

(Topic created: 03-04-2021 07:24 AM)
Rdrakea
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame

I purchased the 2020 Frame TV 55" on Friday, 5/22.  QN55LS03TAFXZA

1. There is an issue with the supplied no gap wall mount.  Step 1 is to attach the bracket to the back of the TV using the 4 included screws: M4 x L14.  These screws are too short.  They drop right in and spin.  I had to go to a large box hardware store and purchase M4 x L16 screws.  Please address!!  This should literally be the easiest step of the whole mount process.  800-SAMSUNG is a joke -- she sent me videos to watch and recommended I hire a professional installer.
  2. This is a premium lifestyle TV in the year 2020.  The available memory/storage is awful.  After installing 4-5 apps the available storage remaining was 7%.  A few hours later, it was at 3%.  I have not installed ANY personal photos yet.  Guys, this is a serious concern.  How is this TV going to hold up for 5+ years if we're low on memory out of the box!!  This is a major shortcoming and Samsung should address somehow.  There are things like eManual (50MB) and Disney+ that are pre-installed and you cannot uninstall.  This TV should have at least another 500MB to 1GB of available storate.  

22 Replies
userKukoMhBAcE
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Echo your comment about the ridiculously limited storage. All I did was uploaded 50 photos from my phone, via the Smart Things app, and the Art Mode feature on the TV stopped working (could not 'Set' any new pictures) due to running out of storage. I looked in Settings > Support > Device Care > Manage Storage and saw only 70MB of free storage, but I could not address the issue from this view - and as you said, many unwanted pre-installed apps are hogging all the limited storage space. I subsequently removed all of my uploaded 'My Photos', but the storage situation still showed only 142MB free and the 'Set' art problem persisted. Only a hard factory reset resolved the problem, at great expense of my time.

Rdrakea
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame

I've had the issue where art won't "set".  you select something and nothing happens.  It seems like just turning the TV completely off will resolve (press and hold power button).  Hopefully that is something that can be fixed in a firmware update.

userKukoMhBAcE
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

In my case the issue survived across a power-cycle. Agreed - this is a weak corner of the Frame software. Fix via firmware update would be greatly appreciated.

userryBCotsu1k
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the 2020 Frame, 55inch, and can only download 8 photos to my photos, what the heck?? is there a way to change this? Also, my hi-res pictures around 8-meg are considered to large for it to handle, and asks me to lower the size!

0 Likes
userryBCotsu1k
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the 2020 Frame, 55inch, and can only download 8 photos to my photos, what the heck?? is there a way to change this? Also, my hi-res pictures around 8-meg are considered to large for it to handle, and asks me to lower the size!

I can only have 8 photos in "my photos" at a time..am I missing something? I want to have more photos rotating..

0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame

Although the pre-installed builtin apps cannot be deleted or removed from internal memory, I believe when TV's internal memory is reaching max capacity, it will ask you to insert a USB to install additional apps externally. Perhaps, try to insert an external storage device to your TV and then add those 50 photos again before setting to TV in Art Mode?

userKukoMhBAcE
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

This issue I'm seeing isn't about adding apps at all, but in any case I am not interested in having to perform another factory reset, so won't be attempting any more non-obvious workarounds until Samsung says somethign definitive about this problem.

Skynet01
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

See how much space you have left by going to app > settings, then look at the top right corner. The tv is known to eat up space, for me after 2 months of use with default apps I have to reset the smart hub in order for things to stop glitching. After each reset you have about 1.5GB of free space, then even if you don't use the tv it will use up all the space and start crashing and not loading things. Disabling updates does not help

userKukoMhBAcE
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I use Support > Device Care > Manage Storage to see the device's current storage situation. Ever since I updated to fw v1115 things seem to have stabalized, but it has been only a couple weeks. In any case, having to perform a full factory reset of a TV in order to return it to normal working operations -- that's just wrong. It takes far too long to recover and asks too much of consumers for what is in essence a buggy product.