Original topic:

Ambient Mode No Longer Available

(Topic created: 08-17-2020 03:07 PM)
userDgXpKU4fQu
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I noticed this morning that my Ambient Mode oon my Q9FN was no longer available. I puchased this TV over another brand because of the Ambient Mode. Spent $4,000 on their 2018 Flagship model. Now they have the audacity to arbitraily discontinue this feature. It's unconscionable. Has anyone heard about a similar replacemant feature for the Ambient Mode ?  

7 Replies
Solution
JohnLoose
Supernova
Options
QLED and The Frame

Have you talked with Samsung support on this issue? We really can't speculate on developer features, as in the terms it does state "All features are subject to change". Perhaps there is an app that you might use to replace that?

Show me some love with a :heart_suit:
Let me know this helped by :white_heavy_check_mark: "Accept as solution"

0 Likes
JohnLoose
Supernova
Options
QLED and The Frame

@userDgXpKU4fQu 

This reply help you out or solve your issue?

Let us know by accepting it as the solution. This lets others find that solution easily as well and is really appreciated.

1. Login to the Samsung Members app or site
  2.  Open the thread you posted.
  3. Click or tap "Accept as a solution"

To accept a post as a solution:

• On the web you can click "Accept as solution".
  • In the Samsung Members app find the post that helped, and tap the three vertical dots next to it, then tap "Accept as solution".
Note: Notification emails do not accept replies. Login to the community to respond to this thread.
0 Likes
userxY0e9Sj7Wx
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Mine still works but I saw a pop up message on the screan stating it was going to be discontinued. It was a major feature of the higher end TVs.Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Rdrakea
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame

Did it say ALL ambient modes are being sunset?  I have a 2020 frame and got a message that the headline news option in ambient mode was going away -- it did not mean all ambient modes were going away.

0 Likes
Lotust251
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

yup very lame.  Same thing happed in my toyota Entune infotainment system.  they took away pandora and other apps and verver replaced them.  This is a 55,000$ truck Smiley Frustrated

IMG_3668.jpeg

0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame

I understood that as just the Headlines service from the Info tab of Ambient Mode is ending, not the actual Ambient Mode feature.

Rdrakea
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame

Exactly.  That's just one ambient option that shows news tickers.  Ambient mode as a whole is not going away.

0 Likes