Original topic:

Can not Mute QN55Q80A with FIOS P265 remote

(Topic created: 10-26-2021 06:37 PM)
jack63ss
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I am unable to get the Mute function on my FIOS remote to work correctly with my new TV when using Optical sound output to my Samsung soundbar. Volume control works, but Mute is kind of strange. If I press and hold the Mute button the sound will mute, but when I let the button up the sound comes back on. And if I hold it down too long it will mute but it goes to the Accessibility Shortcut menu. And to get the sound back I have to do the same thing again and get the menu back.

The new Smart Remote can control it, just not the FIOS remote. It works fine if I have it set to TV Speakers, so it is an Optical only problem.  Anyone know what the issue is, as this worked fine with my old Samsung TV and the same soundbar in optical mode ? 

And using the Smart Remote is not an option, as it is not actually a cable box remote. Thanks ...

0 Likes
1 Reply
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello, I apologize for the frustration regarding the issue reported with the FiOS remote not operating the mute function properly and would encourage you to contact your ISP, as the issue is with their equipment and not the television or soundbar itself. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes