JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do I disable Samsung TV Plus on 2021 Frame TV?

(Topic created: 05-08-2021 03:41 PM)
user9hHrW1T6ZE
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Samsung TV Plus is very annoying because it auto-plays TV. We don't subscribe to TV, and we don't want TV shows randomly playing Kitchen Nightmares with people yelling and throwing things and then having to explain whats going on to our 4-year-old. Ugh.

How do I remove this app/disable this service/turn off auto-play?

3 Replies
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm sorry to hear that please try the following? 

1. Navigate to the Samsung TV Plus app and press the down button on the remote. This will bring up two options. ‘Move’ and ‘Remove’.
  2. Navigate to ‘Remove’ and select. This option brings up the ability to remove the app icon or disable the service.
  3. Navigate to ‘Disable’ and select. This will remove the service from the launcher bar and the channels from the TV Guide.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userux0tyElnFC
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Did this work for you? I am also trying to disable this extremely annoying "feature" but cannot get it to work.

0 Likes
userux0tyElnFC
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Nevermind, after a call to samsung where they told me it was impossible and searching the other answers, I managed to piece together what works. For anyone else, follow the steps above, but you have to hold down the center button to select the app before you press the down button (bottom of the center circle). Then you can chose to either disable or remove the app. I disabled it which deleted all the channels. Now in place of playing kitchen nightmares every time I turn on the tv, I get a screen that says "no signal". It's not pretty, but it's also not annoying.