JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

I bought the wrong 4K TV with no ATSC 3.0 tuner.

(Topic created: 02-10-2023 12:26 AM)
OrangeCountyCA
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi,

I bought a Samsung Class Q60B QLED 4K Smart TV thinking I could get 4K TV in the future when both antenna and cable TV stations go live with ATSC 3.0.

I just found out I was supposed to get a Q90 Samsung at twice the price I paid for my Q60B.  I found out that the TV I should have got would say their system is ATSC 3.0.

My TV has a system that is ATSC ClearQAM.

Is it possible to buy a separate 3.0 tuner that could be attached to my TV or am I out of luck unless I buy a new TV?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
tomsframe
Comet
Options
QLED and The Frame

It looks like you will be in luck.

"New set-top and USB receivers are being shown at the ATSC exhibit..."

https://www.atsc.org/news/atsc-marks-milestones-for-deployment-of-next-generation-broadcasting-2/j

This is just the first link I clicked-on after doing a search.

Perhaps by the time ATSC 3.0 reaches your area there will be a set-top box for you.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame
Caveat emptor...
AviationHH3F
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
Think twice buy once saves money
OrangeCountyCA
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

My God, these are the responses?  You people are rude.

0 Likes
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame
This is not being rude, it is being practical. If I am going to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on something I am going to make absolutely certain every needed feature is included.
OrangeCountyCA
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

This is only my first post here and already I'm getting insulted and having my intelligence questioned by some troll with a chip on his shoulder.  Is this the norm at Samsung Community?  I came here for answers, not to be judged.

These boards serve no useful purpose other than for bullies to cut other people down.  If I were in charge of these boards, I would close them down immediately.  

I won't be back reading or posting here anymore.  These boards are not for me.

And yes Oxford, you are rude.

0 Likes
tomsframe
Comet
Options
QLED and The Frame

It's normal that people are short, and often rude, on virtually all of these "support forums". You would do well to develop a thicker skin.

I must now thank you for posting about this, because I bought a $10K Samsung 8K last year knowing nothing about ATSC3.0. It turns-out my set is labelled NEXTGEN TV meaning it has the new tuner. Interestingly, there is nowhere in the Tech Spec that says "ATSC3.0" only the NEXTGEN TV thing. Samsung should have included that.

Here's a device that apparently just hit the market for $250 (which feels pricey to me):

https://cordcuttersnews.com/a-new-nextgen-tv-atsc-3-0-ota-tv-box-is-now-for-sale-on-amazon/

Solution
tomsframe
Comet
Options
QLED and The Frame

It looks like you will be in luck.

"New set-top and USB receivers are being shown at the ATSC exhibit..."

https://www.atsc.org/news/atsc-marks-milestones-for-deployment-of-next-generation-broadcasting-2/j

This is just the first link I clicked-on after doing a search.

Perhaps by the time ATSC 3.0 reaches your area there will be a set-top box for you.