JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Locking up my computer

(Topic created: 03-16-2024 06:54 AM)
_RichT_
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

When someone in my house turns on the TV,  as the TV is turning on/booting up it locks up my computer. My computer is attached to the TV over HDMI, as is my wifes computer. After a couple of minutes my computer will "unfreeze". This is highly annoying and disruptive, I've even lost documents as I've hard booted my computer a few times believing my computer as locked up.

Any ideas how to stop this from happening will be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame

@_RichT_ The easy solution that comes to mind is to disconnect the HDMI between the TV and your computer. 

The other possibility is to check your display card, computer, and computer OS discussion groups to see if they have a solution. 

View solution in context

3 Replies
LongHiker
Options
QLED and The Frame

@_RichT_ Your computer is detecting the new display on HDMI and then determining if it should use it as a display and if so, how (mirror or extend). Your computer OS could handle this better. This isn't a TV issue, it is a computer or computer OS issue. 

0 Likes
_RichT_
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thank you @LongHiker I thought it was the TV as it's new. My old TV never did this before and my setup is the same. Do you have an idea how I can stop this from happening.  Or suggest a direction for me to look for the solution.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Options
QLED and The Frame

@_RichT_ The easy solution that comes to mind is to disconnect the HDMI between the TV and your computer. 

The other possibility is to check your display card, computer, and computer OS discussion groups to see if they have a solution.