I've read through most of the posts with the same issue but not sure where I should be looking. The TV was literally operational about 5 hours ago. I have blinking red lights on the remote - already swapped batteries. The red light underneath the tv is not on at all. I've unplugged the power to the tv and the box numerous times waiting a few minutes before plugging back in and I get nothing. The tvnormally will come on if I turn on my xbox and that's not happening. Same with the fire tvif I tell it to turn the tv on. So would the box be the fault or the power supply on the tv? Can we purchase the box separately?
I understand how this may be frustrating with the tv not powering on, have you tried the troubleshooting steps below?
Unplug the TV for 30 seconds.
Unplug the TV and leave it unplugged for 30 seconds.
Plug the TV into a working outlet.
Next, plug the TV back in, using an outlet you know works (you can test the outlet with another device, like a lamp). Do not use a surge protector, as they may eventually wear out and stop providing the necessary voltage for your TV.
- If the red standby light comes on (and doesn't flash or blink), your TV is receiving power and will probably turn on now. This means there is an issue with the original outlet, or the surge protector if you were using one.
- If the TV still doesn't turn on even though the red standby light is now on, continue troubleshooting in the section for red standby light is on.
- Also here is the link for the troublshooitng website https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001086/
If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty.
- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up.
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area.
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.