JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

QN90B - How to disable the audio onscreen display?

(Topic created: 12-05-2023 03:01 PM)
Roachforlife
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I use an AVR for audio via eARC and its rather annoying to see the popup showing me the AVR on the left of the screen. It provides zero value and doesnt show the actual volume, not to mention my AVR has its own OSD to show the volume. Is there a way to turn it off from showing? I didnt see the option but if not I think that would be nice to be added in the settings. Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! No, unfortunately, there is not a way to do this. You can try using optical, but you will lose features that you have with HDMI. 

View solution in context

3 Replies
Roachforlife
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I use an AVR for audio via eARC and its rather annoying to see the popup showing me the AVR on the left of the screen. It provides zero value and doesnt show the actual volume, not to mention my AVR has its own OSD to show the volume. Is there a way to turn it off from showing? I didnt see the option but if not I think that would be nice to be added in the settings. Thank you

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! No, unfortunately, there is not a way to do this. You can try using optical, but you will lose features that you have with HDMI. 

Roachforlife
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

So I made a post yesterday about this, asking how to disable this. The post was closed as a 'solution' being that no it doesnt support it. What I wonder is why when I search this same community I see a 30 page thread of people requesting this feature (the option to disable in settings) since Jan 2020, and yet Samsung doesnt consider offering this in their firmware updates?  What is the procedure to formally request features? Clearly your TV owners want this ability and advising to use Optical is not a solution as you cannot get more than 7channel audio such as Atmos.  Offering the user an option to disable this volume indicator is a win win as those that dont wish to see the gigantic volume OSD can simply disable.  Just wish Samsung actually listened to its customers