Original topic:

S95B Keeps Turning On

(Topic created: 03-02-2023 02:50 AM)
PhotoHiker5
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hello

I am hoping someone may be able to assist with this problem.  I recently purchased the S95B TV as well as the HW-Q600B Soundbar.  Within a week of setting it up, I noticed in the morning the TV would be on.  I thought somehow, I forgot to turn it off . When this happened a few more times, I realized there was more at play here. 

I realized I could go into the settings to see when the TV turned on, and how.  Each time it turned on randomly, it was done so by ""CEC Command- Image View Turned On".   Although I am not exactly sure what Image View is that is turning it on (I don't think its the Roku because even if I manually turn on the tv, it will eventually go to the ROKU screensaver) , further research pointed me to the Anynet+ setting that enables the tv to turn on when a peripheral is turned on.  Although I would have liked to keep this setting, I was fine to turn this off to resolve this issue.  After doing so, I realized the soundbar would no longer connect to the TV via HDMI- I could not find any way to make it work.  I didn't think to think it was related to the anynet change I made and thought there was a separate issue.  I called Samsung, and after an hour on the phone, they were able to confirm that it worked via Bluetooth but not sure why HDMI would not work.  That had me do a reset and said to check in a few hours.  During those few hours, where it still did not work, I decided to turn the anynet setting back on- and when I did so, the Soundbar worked with the tv via HDMI.

Long story short, has anyone had a similar instance?  Does anyone know Image View Turned On is, and why it may be turning the tv on?  More importantly, I am ok with turning off anynet+, but I need the soundbar to work through the HDMI connection.  Samsung support seemed to be at a lost with this, and had me to go to Bluetooth.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance!

3 Replies
Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Home Theater
The TV is receiving a signal through cec which is turning it on. First, try unplugging the roku entirely. If that fixes it you can get a cec blocker to prevent this from happening.

BlueRigger 4K HDMI CEC Less Adapter (4K, UHD, ARC, 1080p, Ethernet) - HDMI https://a.co/d/4YR13xu
PhotoHiker5
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
Thank you for the response! I did unplug and so far so good so I ordered the adapter. Thank you again!!!
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Home Theater
Np. Hope it works for you. When you get it make sure pin 13 is missing in the adapter. It should be an empty hole where pin 13 usually is. If there's anything in the pin 13 hole return it. Pin 13 is the one that passes the cec signal to other devices. HDMI Pin13_1000004715_1677865194.jpg
0 Likes