JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

The Frame blue screen of death, not cable channel

(Topic created: 03-26-2023 11:15 AM)
relee60
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I updated The Frame firmware last weekend.  Now, if we turn the TV off for a while, when we turn it back on, we get a blue screen instead of the Xfinity X1 cable channel.  I tried resetting the Xfinity X1 cable box--no luck.  I unplugged the HDMI1 cable and replugged--no luck.  The only way I've found to fix it is to turn off the power to the X1 and the TV; wait 30 seconds; turn them both back on.  When it comes up, the Xfinity X1 cable channel is displayed on The Frame.  It's really getting annoying that I have to do this multiple times a day.  I had it happen 1 other time before The Frame firmware update.  That time I contacted Comcast.  They walked me through troubleshooting.  There were no problems with the Xfinity X1 box found.  The problem didn't go away until I cycled power on the Frame TV.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how this can be frustrating with your TV and X1 box not working correctly. What I would recommend is making sure the TV is up to date with the most recent firmware available. You can do this by navigating to Settings and selecting Support. Select Software Update. 

If it is up to date then the next step would be to try and recreate the issue while the X1 box is unplugged if this is still occurring with the X1 box removed from the TV than the issue is with the TV and will need to have service. If this is not occurring then I would recommend trying a new X1 box. 

If you are requiring service you will have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

2 Replies
userIu3tyCS44U
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same problem exactly. I have to go the Frame TV box, unplug its power, then plug it back in. This is the only way to get rid of the Comcast X1 Blue screen and watch cable TV channels. This has been going on for about four months.

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how this can be frustrating with your TV and X1 box not working correctly. What I would recommend is making sure the TV is up to date with the most recent firmware available. You can do this by navigating to Settings and selecting Support. Select Software Update. 

If it is up to date then the next step would be to try and recreate the issue while the X1 box is unplugged if this is still occurring with the X1 box removed from the TV than the issue is with the TV and will need to have service. If this is not occurring then I would recommend trying a new X1 box. 

If you are requiring service you will have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/