Original topic:

Wireless connection unstable

(Topic created: 07-20-2022 04:33 AM)
userzt0FJMjitU
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello

We are having difficulty keeping our wireless connection to our TV when connecting a computer and using the TV as a monitor.

We have a Samsung Q70 series (75) that we use in the conference room. We connect our windows 10 laptops using the "Connect to a wireless display" option.

There are times when the TV will show up as an option, and just not connect. The TV would acknowledge that a computer is trying to connect, but just never makes the connection and times out.

Other times we are able to connect and use the feature as expected. However, after a random amount of time, we notice the TV is no longer updating the signal from the laptop. We have to choose to disconnect and reconnect. This can happen several times in a session, or not at all.

I have found no reason or solution. I have tried resetting everything (TV, Wireless router, Computer). Updating software on the TV (For now, we have to stay with Windows 10).

We use BitDefender for our anti-virus, firewall, and network security, and did have to enter an exception to allow our laptops to connect to the TV. However, we have tried to isolate that issue by using a laptop not burdened with BitDefender. It behaves the same way as all the laptops that do have BitDefender with the firewall exception set up.

If anyone has any suggestions on what to troubleshoot to get closer to solving this issue, it sure would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. I recommend reaching out to our SmartThings team regarding this. They can be reached at 1-866-813-2404 or emailed at support@smartthings.com

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. I recommend reaching out to our SmartThings team regarding this. They can be reached at 1-866-813-2404 or emailed at support@smartthings.com