JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Output Audio to Bluetooth and TV Speakers Simultaneously

(Topic created: 06-16-2020 09:10 AM)
userpbAnjf8IMf
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I own a QN65Q900 SmartTV.  I need to be able to use a Bluetooth Headphone because of hearing problems at the same time my wife is listening via the TV speakers. However whenever I connect to my bluetooth headphoones, the TV speakers turn off. Is there a way to get the audio to the TV speakers and bluetooth headphones simultaneously? 

Thanks, Bob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

To make this work, go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Multi-output Audio, and enable this feature.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

To make this work, go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Multi-output Audio, and enable this feature.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userpbAnjf8IMf
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

SamsungLou, you're great. And unbelievably fast. Are you a Samsung Tech? This seems like a better way to get answers than trying the chat or phone number, which doesn't seem setup to answer this type of question. I asked the question when I bought the TV and was told I could do it but I couldn't figure out how when I got the TV. I was worried that I got bad info when I purchased but you saved me.

Thanks, Bob

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

I am happy i was able to help. I am one of the moderators on the forum, and we are always here for you.

0 Likes
user2o2K49y6j8
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I have a short follow-up question if I may: I am trying to do a similar function so I can run the audio from my Q6DR through my Surround Sound system SOME of the time, but also leave the Surround system OFF and listen through the TV only (like for local news). Is that correct? (Also really hoping Multi-output Audio is available on my TV). 

Reason: I have a TiVo DVR and MOST of the programming we watch and record run through that. But if we want to watch AppleTV, Disney+, etc. The TiVo does not have those apps, so we watch those directly through our Q6DR. 

So is there also an easy way to toggle this On/Off without drilling through the menus? Or is it NOT a problem running Bluetooth all the time simultaneously... 

Thanks in advance! 

0 Likes
uservgV3GnG2UU
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I just received my Q90T QLED TV and bought it because it said I could use a bluetooth headset and the tv speakers at the same time. On my set the "multi-output audio" under the accessability function is grayed out.  Samsung says it may not be available for some models or areas.  How do I fix that?

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Qled and Frame

I can look into this further for you.  Could you provide the full model of the television?  

0 Likes
uservgV3GnG2UU
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Nevermind, I solved it. Apparently you have to turn the TV on/off and the headset on/off in a particular sequence before they both recognize each other and then it works. Pretty confusing though. Smasung needs a better method.

Thanks,

0 Likes
usernw9uzbm2pc
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Can you, or anyone that knows tell me the sequence of turning off and on?  I can connect to my headphones, highlight and choose multi audio and have sound on the headphones.  But, as soon as I turn volume up to hear tv, the phones go silent.

0 Likes
userpJ4EQ8LtKH
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

I have a QN65Q65FN and the multi audio option is grayed out & I can't select it? Is this a limitation of this model?

0 Likes