Original topic:

Q800T TV eARC drops

(Topic created: 12-20-2020 03:08 AM)
userocuHbP7bON
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

My audio drops randomly a few times per week. I'm using eARC, Belkin HDMI cables (brand new, high quality. Don't blame them), Sony HT-ST5000 as receiver. All my devices have the latest firmwares.

The behavior is that the TV suddenly goes mute. The fix is that I go to sound settings and switch from auto to pass through or even I chose the same digital output audio format.

Yesterday it happened for the first time with the XBOX Series X. The fix was that I had to do a soft reset of the TV. So far it was only happening with the set top box, Netflix, etc.

I'm experienced. Please, don't suggest resets or basic troubleshooting.

18 Replies
userw2AUVAvFWa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

Samsung has major issues across their entire 2020 line of TVs...eARC and LPCM problems.  

If I was within the return window, I would take this path as Samsung has not acknowledged these critical audio flaws.

If you just bought this TV, return it for a LG or Sony.  Both of those OEMs have a properly functioning eARC port.

0 Likes
userocuHbP7bON
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

Thanks for your reply.

If this is true it's unacceptable. I won't return my TV for the moment because except for this issue, it's a good TV. If I got an official statement from Samsung saying that they are not prioritizing this issue, then I'll return it for sure.

Anything to say, Samsung?

0 Likes
userw2AUVAvFWa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

That's the problem.  This is not a new issue and Samsung has been quiet / ignoring these complaints.

I really enjoy my Q80T but would have returned it if I could.  LG and Sony also have great sets that work correctly.  I only went with Samsung because I've had good results with previous sets.  This time I can't say that.

A simple formal response atleast acknowledging this problem is all we're asking for.  Remaining quiet can only make us think they have no intention to fix or they are unable to fix.

0 Likes
userocuHbP7bON
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

I'll open a support case referencing to this thread and I'll keep you posted.

usermugOK4tFvg
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I hope hear from you soon!

0 Likes
userocuHbP7bON
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

So, the remote support did a hard reset through the service menu. They found some errors they said. The issue happened again a few hours later. I've requested support again...

0 Likes
userocuHbP7bON
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

After the reset, the issue is happening 3 to 4 times per day. It's very annoying...

There are a lot of posts related to the same problem. Please, Samsung... 

0 Likes
userocuHbP7bON
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

I've posted this on AVSForum https://www.avforums.com/threads/q800t-and-st5000-through-earc-sound-drops.2336171/ 

Does Samsung have something to say?..

0 Likes
userhqx5rx1ydb
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

New post---same issue here! We recently purchased the 65" Q80T from Best Buy (Dec. 15th) and are experiencing the exact same sound drop (for couple seconds). And here's the rub............we are having this happen while using just the TV speakers...........nothing else connected. We have the exact same setup, location, 1000meg wifi, etc. etc. as previous Panasonic tv which did not have this problem ever. Having read through a number of others complaints all related to same thing, it has got to be in the Samsung TV itself. I read the Q&A's on Best Buy website and found this sound drop issue reported there as well (from seven months ago). SAMSUNG -- YOU NEED TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PROBLEM ! Many good customers are affected.

0 Likes