JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bluetooth connection app.

(Topic created: 08-31-2022 10:13 PM)
mockingbird50
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

1. Please help me understand. I'm wondering why, suddenly that I need an app in order to connect Bluetooth devices to my mobile?  I did not need an app when I first paired and connected them to my phone.

2. I would appreciate any suggestions for a excellent app, sans adverts, or ones that do not ask for credit card info. It seems to me, of course I am just guessing, that some of the app developer companies just want my personal information for their commercial benefit.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Victory713
Astronaut
Options

Some Soundcore Bluetooth devices (example) are required by manufacturer design, to use an app. Doesn't always imply fraud; but, definitely research and stay vigilant. The app should be available for specific manufacturer in Google Play.

View solution in context

4 Replies
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

What app are you referring to since I've never heard of a app needed to connect a bluetooth device other than the wearable app 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
Solution
Victory713
Astronaut
Options

Some Soundcore Bluetooth devices (example) are required by manufacturer design, to use an app. Doesn't always imply fraud; but, definitely research and stay vigilant. The app should be available for specific manufacturer in Google Play.

GoingTheDist
Comet
Options
Which phone do you have, and which Bluetooth device are you trying to connect?
MarvinX
Comet
Options
Sony Bluetooth headset also requires an app for phone pairing.... just saying