JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Enable Gallery Sync on custom NAS servers

(Topic created: 07-24-2023 07:25 AM)
NALStudio
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

This is a feature request to enable Samsung's Gallery Sync on custom NAS servers in addition to Microsoft OneDrive.

As Samsung's File Explorer already supports custom NAS servers using (S)FTP or SMB and Samsung Gallery supports syncing with OneDrive, I feel that it would also be useful for a small minority of users that the Gallery app also supports syncing using (S)FTP or SMB. The sync could work just like in OneDrive where Samsung has a designated folder which is synced.

The reason I would like to have this feature is so that people can see all of their photos and galleries in the Gallery app without those photos and albums hogging up all of their storage on their local devices. These albums and photos could also be read-only, the main point is seeing them inside the Gallery app.

While you can still sync with OneDrive and that service works incredibly well, I felt that OneDrive's maximum storage limit of 1 TB is too restrictive and thus I have had the need to create my own NAS to store all my photos. I could also switch to another gallery app, but I find Samsung's one to be the best so switching would be really bittersweet. Buying a phone with more storage which would only be backed up onto the NAS seldomly also doesn't really help since data loss/corruption is much more likely on a phone than on a RAIDed NAS and I want to minimise lost data.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes