Original topic:

Galaxy Store Shinanigans ... :(

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
420bunny
Comet
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I was just on ur Galaxy Themes Store looking at Themes for digital meltdown or one like it & suddenly ive got about 4 or 5 virus or some bad bs notification messages from my AVG saying I installed (as in just now past tense & i without a doubt clicked nothing to initiate a **bleep** thing here. I was scrolling I know exactly what I had been doing so I know I haven't clicked anything to warrant of all things froggin software to initiate of all thinga an app installation of what would seem to b a bunch of virus Spyware whatever else bs it said. I'm assuming it fixed it or I hope to gawd it did cuz the amount of notices was not good that i recd but my phones virus software fixed it apparently. It said it caught like 5 i think just like the one or two I attached. I couldnt get all of em but managed to get 2 I think screens of exactly my message but exactly which screens I was on just secs prior when all this warning & alarm file warnings started going off pipping up on my screen with Remove buttons but if I didn't know any better I thot it felt like a fake virus message only looked much better from those I've seen before. Im praying rt now that those were fake the AVG pop ups cuz I just clicked Remove like 5 times but I'm not sure & not confident I didnt maybe inadvertently just F up my phone & run some harmful **bleep** on my phone thinking they were real. They looked HELLA LEGIT if they werent.

But why am I getting cyber attached just browsing ur Store?! This is just crazy the amount of times I've been a possible knowing anyway victim of some sort of virus scam spyware or phishing attempt by being affiliated with anything branded w/ur Samsung logo lately & i would really like to know why that is?! I've had many mobile & tech conpanies & have never had the sheer amt of attacks on my device or my identity then I've ever had in my entire life then with Samsung. So im saying this for 2 reasons...first is obvious. U all need to seriously step up ur game on protecting ur custkner base since they exist so u do. But with all the leafing technologies available out there, there's no excuse for this. But anytime this has happened, my device has nothing to do with notifying me of anything ever since I've owned this Galaxy. I'm notified thru 3rd party apps that are free. Butvwven u bring security up to any Samsung person for whatever reason im constantly reassured my device is protected by the greatest security protection ever that being this so called Knox software which again I've never even heard of it & it's never warmed me of anything ever since I've had Galaxys for whatever reason. So I don't exactly feel all that protecting u all keep selling me everytime I call u so curious why this is exactly?!

And the other issue is this...can sum1 maybe weigh in on the type of infection or not this is exactly & what im supposed yo for here??? Beings I got it apparently BROWSIMG ur Galaxy Store & by not clicking a single thing so how in the heck does it even have permission on Android to install anything at all?

2 Replies
420bunny
Comet
Options
Attached is a cupl of these msgs im referring to that I got notices for & im not sure if by clicking the remove each time if it was legit & didn't just F up my phone more clicking these & if they aren't legit then they certainly are stepping up their craft ill give em that1716076507746.jpg1716076507802.jpg1716076507856.jpg1716076507882.jpg
0 Likes
Options
I won't even waste time with those themes and wallpapers on Galaxy Store. They charge you for every one of them. There are no free ones. Such a total waste of money.
I've noticed that you can find many of the older Samsung Galaxy phone wallpapers for S22 on Zedge. And, you can download them free.
It also has ringtones from earlier Samsung Galaxy phones including S4 and S5.
0 Likes