Original topic:

Google Voice to text pauses after 1st text

(Topic created: 12-04-2022 09:55 AM)
JPeezy843
Halo
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
A little history for perspective; I tell my customers that I'm an encyclopedia when it comes to Galaxy phones, sold them for 6 years now.
 
Something that has bugged me for too long now after many failed attempts to fix is the way that, my Google voice ro text will do fine on the first text. Will appear to do fine on the second text, will record one word I say, and then will just abruptly stop with recording. This is so unbelievably annoying, make me basically have to repeat the next thing I say, twice. 
 
Have uninstalled and reinstalled everything related I can think of, have cleared every cache I can find. 
 
Still no fixes. Please help if you how to fix! Much appreciated for any help resolving this needless bug!
 
I have an s22 ultra all recent updates and all apps are up to date on both Galaxy store and Google Play 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
0 Likes
25 Replies
Muzikant
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Same thing on my Note 20 Ultra and S10e
0 Likes
JPeezy843
Halo
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Someone has to have figured this out .... right?
0 Likes
Geo3
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

The voice recognition on my S22 works about 25% of the time. The other 75% it stops mid sentence or records nothing. I can't find help so I think the only solution is to make this the last Samsung phone I ever buy.   

0 Likes
Joel513
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
The latest update sucks. Speech to text is now horrible as before, it worked fairly well.
 
 

 

 

 

 
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue. Can you explain what troubleshooting steps you have taken? Also, look for my topic, **ISSUES AFTER ANDROID 13** and see if that helps as well. GL!
Joel513
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Well, previous to the update, speech to text worked well. After the update, it shuts off before I'm done speaking or doesn't put all the words in text that I spoke.
userkXpKAtgB5q
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
0 I'm having the same issue and it's extremely frustrating because that when I hit to continue It capitalizes the 1st word of my thought. Like it just did.
0 Likes
talon1pilot
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Having the same issue, S21 Ultra. The new visual interface is nice, but it cuts off repeatedly while talking (loudly or softly doesn't matter). Slightly better pressing and holding the side button, but still terrible performance.
-Andrew
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
See my post **ISSUES AFTER ANDROID 13**