Original topic:

Google search takes priority when updating apps

(Topic created: 06-06-2024 07:53 AM)
joeschmo19
Galaxy
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Just something I've noticed, Whenever I go through and update all my apps in play store, Google search always gets priority. No matter what, google search is the first to update.

4 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@joeschmo19 What do you mean by Google search? Can you provide a screenshot of it? 

0 Likes
Zrnie
Nebula
Options
0 Likes
joeschmo19
Galaxy
Options
Yep, that's it.
Zrnie
Nebula
Options
I've seen Google apps take priority as well as Samsung apps on their own phones. No really surprising and imo not sure it's an issue

You can click on the three dots in the top right corner and force it not to update unless you want it to (but that can be a pain to constantly monitor the updates)

Personally I do my searching on a browser for security reasons (as not to tie specific searches to my account or email etc)

Choose whatever you want, Google, DuckDuckGo or Bing, etc. certain browsers would be a good way to de-google yourself if you're interested in this. But ultimately it shouldn't be an issue

I do however think certain Google apps need to be updated in order before other apps. Samsung actually just had an issue with its texting app because of something Google pushed out on an update.
0 Likes