Original topic:

Is it true that Smart Switch can permanently drain phone's battery faster in some cases?

(Topic created: 05-18-2022 05:50 PM)
userRWAYhikFXv
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I'm not that satisfied from my Galaxy S20 Ultra battery, honestly. I tend to lose 7-8% of charge overnight, with the phone having only Wi-Fi active and no notification-heavy app at all (I didn't even make the switch to my instant messaging app yet, which is still on my previous phone).

While looking online I read on this site and elsewhere that some people have tried to factory reset their phones without using Smart Switch during the first boot and the issue was solved. I personally used it and heavily, by picking each and every option the app let me select from my previous phone, hence why I might be an extreme case.

Is there any truth to something like this? It's not like I don't trust other users' valuable experiences, but it seems a little bit farfetched. If some of you could confirm it then I might convince myself of factory resetting and start over again.

0 Likes
2 Replies
DarkPhox
Comet
Options
Never had smart switch kill or drain battery for me. 7-8% battery drain seems pretty normal to me, cause that's what I get on my S21 Ultra overnight. If you really think about it, if you get a normal 8 hours of sleep that's like 1% or less of battery the phone is using per hour which doesn't seem like a lot to me
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options

some people have noted that comparing smartswitch vs fresh install showed that fresh install resulted better battery life, but it's hard to tell if that's actually the cause since a lot of users using smartswitch reported good battery life as well. So I would assume it's got something to do with the content that was switched over that doesn't sit right on the new device and so causes a drain.

0 Likes