JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

More access to block email options needed for Messages app

(Topic created: 04-06-2023 11:33 PM)
MLH312
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
While I am happy to finally have a way to block email spam in my text message inbox lately, these scammers are wising up to the weaknesses that are evident with some sns messenger apps: extremely long email addresses tend to be impossible to tap on in order to access the menu to block them. 

I just received spam messages recently with the forementioned issue, and no matter what I do, tapping on the address or the icon will not even get me the option to bring up the menu with the block options, and there's no other option but the trash icon... basically on the road to putting me back at square one with little to no way to stop incoming messages from that particular spam sender. 

There need to be extra ways added to block these senders outside of that one method. I had hoped going through the Block Number settings would allow for that, but it still seems that it's still strictly allowing number input despite visibly showing all the previously blocked emails on the listing. 

I can only hope an update will fix these issues, in addition to adding block options from the main messages view... it would seriously help with the cleanup and safety on the end user's side.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you MLH312, for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. Welcome to the Samsung Community. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
c2gemineyes
Asteroid
Options
What I've done with ones that don't show the block option, such as group spams. I send the Sender a message. Then after that the option to block that # or address shows
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you MLH312, for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. Welcome to the Samsung Community. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes