JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Voice-to-text microphone inconvenient for right-hand customers

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Kween_m3m3
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I'm just posting this in hope that samsung will acknowledge this, but the new OneUI 6.1 update has moved the speech-to-text microphone to the bottom left side of the keyboard, which has made it difficult for one handed (right hand) users to access. Allowing the user to change the location of the microphone button would be very accessible for everyone, including allowing us to place it back on our keyboard tool bar where it was before for those who prefer it. I haven't found a way to move it yet, so if I am incorrect please let me know! 

Thanks, 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

3 Replies
realaud
Supernova
Options

It seems everyone who got the update is complaining about this. Whether Samsung will acknowledge and change it due to the complaints is anybody's guess.  In the meantime, you have some choices.  If you are not married to the Samsung keyboard, switch to G-Board, where the mic is where is should be, on the top right of the toolbar.  I believe it to be unaffected by the update (maybe it's Google's way of converting people to the G-Board).  Second choice is to live with the change.

realaud
Supernova
Options

Disclaimer: I, myself, not only do not have the update, but I also don't use Samsung keyboard.  There is one other option you can try, if you wish (and since I can't check it out myself, due to the disclaimer). You can download GoodLock (if you don't already have it) and then download the Keys Cafe module, which will allow you to customize your keyboard. The descriptor says you can add, delete and rearrange.

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.