Original topic:

Samsung Accessory Service not installing update?

(Topic created: 10-08-2021 08:26 AM)
Gav508
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hello. Google Play Store keeps telling me that Samsung Accessory Service has an update for my Note 20 Ultra. When I try and update it I get a message that it cannot install and is not compatible with my device.

Why does it say there is an update but then does not work? I have cleared cache and restarted but it does the same thing.

17 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

I understand how frustrating that this could be.  Is the Note 20 Ultra being used in North America?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Gav508
Cosmic Ray
Options
Yes it is.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Thank you for following up. How long have you been experiencing these symptoms? 

Does this happen if you try to update the app with your device in safe mode? Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Can you please provide me with a picture of the error you are experiencing?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Gav508
Cosmic Ray
Options
When I try to update it says cannot update, then I get this when I go back and check. After 4 times it has no longer been pushed as an update even though it did not update. Screenshot_20211013-112826_Google Play Store.jpg
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Thank you for reaching out. It shows the last update as Apr 15,2021. Where does it say you need to install the update?

Also, give these steps a try: 

Go to Settings>Apps 
Tap Menu icon at top right (3 dots) 

Select Show System apps 
Go to Google Play Services>Storage and tap clear cache 
Go to Google Play Store>Storage and tap clear cache, then tap clear data 
Go to Google Services Framework>Storage and tap clear cache, then tap clear data

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Gav508
Cosmic Ray
Options
I cleared cache on Playstore. I will try the other too. Thank you.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

You're welcome. Please keep me posted if you still need further assistance after trying troubleshooting steps provided.

0 Likes
FCC2501
Constellation
Options
Hi! I have been having the same issue on my Samsung s10+ for, well since the update in April. It states its not compatible with my device. I have also noticed that the watch connects and disconnects regularly. Is this something that isn't needed anymore? Needing help with knowing to get rid of the app or wait till it is updated?
0 Likes
Gav508
Cosmic Ray
Options
It stopped showing up for me. I was disconnecting from watch but that has cleared up also. Not sure how it was fixed.
0 Likes