JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Serious Hack. Bootloader hacked and probably more.

(Topic created: 04-27-2021 03:00 PM)
TECH-SME
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
  • Help. I was on a network where I caught dns spoofing occurring to late. I need serious help. my bootloader is not the bootloader I need because it fakes factory reset. It prints that it is doing the factory reset to the screen but it doesn't actually perform it which is why I still have the same hacked programs when it is done. In safe mode there are many programs I can't remove that are hacked and I don't mean Google.

I have around 500 apps when you count all the duplicate system and other apps, and none I can delete or Uninstall. I don't and never have had a rooted phone, but if you folks can't help me, then rooting better yet reloading the factory software may be the only options left.

Update: Sadly not Good News

I was hoping for a workaround that could get me back to the original bootloader and possibly give me a real factory reset.

Something slightly less damaging than brick phone, replace motherboard option. BTW, since all of my computing devices are infected and I have identified the bad actor on my laptop, I am pretty darn sure it's trickbot.

Any help folks?

Please help.

2 Replies
Solution
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options

I would recommend scheduling an appointment with a Samsung Experience Store to have them run diagnostics on your device and ask to have the device Factory Flashed for you. Beware that If a F Flash is not possible due to corruption of data or the device being rooted that this might be a motherboard replacement and if you aren't in warranty that could be very costly.  If you do not live near a Samsung Experience Store you can contact a local Ubreakifix store. Ubreakifix is officially authorized to work on and repair Samsung devices as well as use official Samsung parts.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
TECH-SME
Constellation
Options

So that's it I guess. I  was honestly hoping for something better than a long drive to Seattle just to have folks a bit faster, but not necessarily as careful, brick my phone.

Hmm. Have to honestly warn them just how bad this stuff is for anything that has Bluetooth.