Original topic:

Smoother and more consistent app opening and closing

(Topic created: 05-18-2023 01:42 PM)
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Since ONE UI 6.0 is under development with the release of Android 14 in the works, I hope that Samsung can match apple and other phones in app opening and closing. Whenever you try to test this on a Samsung device without letting it run, it is just so buggy where sometimes it'll open and once you close it, the app just pops-up. This is funny to me since an iPhone X from 4 years ago is still smoother at this task compared to an S22 Ultra and probably most of the phones out there. I doubt this is an Android issue since Pixel phones seem to be smoother than Samsung devices.

ADDITION: I also found that the Galaxy Wearable app seemed to be the most consistent with quick app opening and closing being less fluid. I ask you Samsung users to test it out on your phone too and compare it with other Samsung apps.
10 Replies
Options
Try changing animation scales under the developer options. See if this helps smooth things out. Screenshot_20230518_194234_Settings.jpg
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Mine are all set to 2x already lol. It will help, but it still doesn't fix the bug when you quickly open something and close out.
0 Likes
TacoMaster63
Comet
Options
In my opinion, Samsung has surpassed apple with their newest one UI 5. I have friends, and ive even seen YouTubers that say that one UI animations and speed are faster than Apple's iOS
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Thats because the animations ARE usually faster and looks faster, which makes Apples look slow but fluid. Ofc this fluidity can be annoying sometimes especially during recents on iPhone devices where it is just too slow. But 1UI5 did improve the animations which I experienced during BETA and it is definitely better than 1UI4.
0 Likes
TacoMaster63
Comet
Options
I'm very disappointed because my galaxy S10 will not be receiving One UI 5. I'm debating upgrading phones just so I can get One UI 5.
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
I too am sad that the S10 series didn't get one ui 5 even though I dont have one. It was Samsungs peak design and is still the best even today imo since the curve display is not too flat, cameras on the middle, probably last Samsung phone with dual aperture, last with headphone jack, and last with microSD card.
0 Likes
TacoMaster63
Comet
Options
Those are all things that I would miss, but things like a 120hz screen, OneUI5, improved camera, and improved battery life are things that really stand out to me.

I think if I find the right deal, I may just give in and buy a Galaxy A54 or a galaxy S23
0 Likes
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
imo i feel like the cheap pixels are better
0 Likes
TacoMaster63
Comet
Options
And yeah I can agree with you that it's one of Samsung's peak designs. I much prefer having the camera cutout in the center, but besides that, this is a beautiful phone. I got it in the Prism Blue color, and everyone who sees it says they think my phone looks so pretty. The S10 also has things like the dual aperture, heart rate sensor, headphones jack, micro SD card slot. All things that are lacking in the new Samsung flagships and A series