Original topic:

Snapseed App Problem: Photo Quality

(Topic created: 02-06-2024 07:00 PM)
sylviat15
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

When I open a photo from my Gallery in the Snapseed app, the color of the photo looks washed out compared to what is seen in my Gallery. I then make photo adjustments within the Snapseed app and when I export it, the edited photo is over saturated, extra contrast, etc. looking nothing like how my edited photo displayed within the Snapseed app.

For Display settings, me Adaptive Color Tone is off and Screen Mode is on natural. 

Unsure if the anticipated software update will fix this or I need to adjust settings? I've removed and redownload the snapseed app as well. 
9 Replies
userrp3hCRwtI0
Constellation
Options
Also raw photos are not loading in Snapseed app. It is terrible
Options
I see the same thing with my S23+. I also saw one review of Snapseed in the Play Store that mentions this issue. As of this post, 190 people had marked it helpful.

This issue is also mentioned in a post on Google's support forum. It got 24 "I have the same question" and one rather snippy non-answer before Google locked and closed the thread.

https://support.google.com/photos/thread/53530992/snapseed-and-photos-have-different-saturation-leve...

So it appears to be a software issue, but I can't tell from what I've found whether the bug belongs to Google or Samsung.
sylviat15
Constellation
Options
I appreciate the investigation! I had tried to do a Google search for this topic but couldn't find any info so decided to post. Thank!
0 Likes
userrp3hCRwtI0
Constellation
Options
Hey, I've been struggling with this for weeks now. The RAW photos just won't load into Snapseed. Do you think it's a problem with the current dng format?

rawshooter
Galaxy
Options

I would say it's the no longer optional compression, do any of the ExpertRAW photos import?

But that app is broken anyway: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-discussions/samsung-s24u-expertraw-looks-like-8bit-jpg/td-... 

userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
This seems to be an issue on S24 series using Expert Raw app and Raw file.

If you take Raw in Pro mode on (normal) camera app, this Raw image can normally be loaded on Snapseed.

You should report this error using Samsung Members so they can fix this issue.

I've tried the same thing using the same Expert Raw version as S24 on S23 and the raw file works in Snapseed.
rawshooter
Galaxy
Options

ProMode Raw remains an uncompressed DNG.

0 Likes
ClarkeKent
Astronaut
Options
I have the same issue
pringaguardias
Astronaut
Options

Exactly the same thing happens to me and also in Luminar Neo. I think it's a DNG problem that generates the EXPERT Raw application differently from the pro mode. 

0 Likes