Original topic:

Worried about burn in Status bar!

(Topic created: 11-28-2023 04:53 PM)
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I found a temporary solution for everything except battery percentage.

Download the Good Lock app, specifically the Quick Star Module.

I have no idea why Samsung has done this, I also hope when people go to trade in their phones screen burn in does not affect the value because of something Samsung has done.

59 Replies
allenaltl
Astronaut
Options
No not true. Software updates can cause it to happen also.
0 Likes
chrispyj
Explorer
Options
then how come my screen has been perfectly fine, and then right after they take it away it immediately gets burn in?
0 Likes
chrispyj
Explorer
Options
Everyday there is a new issue. Ive already made posts adressing how my phone app hasn't been working for 1 1/2 weeks, making me litterally unable to call, and I've also mentioned how I'm having problems with my text messages, but now my "unlimited" data doesn't work. The only way I can do litterally anything on my phone is with a wifi connection, which is bad for obvious reasons, since you can't always be connected to wifi wherever you go. These issues can all be fixed with a bug fix update, however as of a few minutes ago, I found a problem that cannot be fixed with an update. When I opened my phone I saw a burn in of the status bar at the top (the time, wifi, battery, etc.) which, burn in is normal, but not normally on the status bar, because most phones, including samsung and apple, have burn in protection for these areas. When I went to look my issue up many, many articles came up adressing the removal of the status bar burn in protection. So although some of these issues can be fixed, my phone is now physically damaged 

Thanks samsung 🙂

Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
I've taken precautions by turning off everything in the status bar, except battery percentage. You can't turn that off.
You will have to download Good Lock, module quick star.1701220314132_1701220314124_0.jpg
Options
Try these tests and see if it works from here1701233477067.jpg1701233477116.jpg
Options
Did these tests work for you?
0 Likes
Options
Yes, I'm still feeling the bad effects/pain with some of these problems. For example; I'm still having the lock screen display going back-&-forth to a blank white screen. I can't call anyone, or them calling me w/o my phone showing errors: CallBG Provider -- app info, close app, or give feedback. Calls keep stopping. I've done a few solutions to include: System reboot, Network Reset, but not doing a factory data reset. I also have deleted some apps,
plus turning phone off-&-on a few times. I'm getting tired of: Samsung, or the providers not able to solve our problems about this later update (UI 6.0), and (Version 14). Very frustrating especially when you can't call out, or someone calling you. Someone should be totally responsible for these messes and to clean it up. To: Samsung and providers clean this **bleep** stuff up once-&-for-all! Why and what are you guys doing about solving these problems. From: a consumer that's annoyed, fed-up, frustrated, and getting more P.O. I'm paying a whole lot of money for a phone that's supposed to be a Flagship cell phone. What am I supposed to do with a phone that doesn't do calls (I'm dead in the water). Don't know what else to do here? Maybe I need an S22 Ultra replacement, or a brand new phone -- S23 Ultra (as much trouble as I've had)? I know what -- maybe give all of us having problems, new S23 Ultra? I wonder how many there are of us with upgrade problems?
chrispyj
Explorer
Options
Everything thing you mentioned is exactly how I feel. Someone should be held responsible for their actions, especially with such an important feature like the phone. As soon as I can I will also be upgrading my phone, to an iphone however, because im tired of the constant problems from a company I once trusted.
Jamess467
Supernova
Options

It didn't go as planned. 

OoYORIoO
Nebula
Options
@Jamess467 In the interest of protecting your privacy and not getting hacked potentially. You should blur out your IMEI number. Hackers can exploit your phone. Unless you have already done so.

I hope that you receive this reply rather quickly. Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your post. Thank you!