JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wrong html found in the body error

(Topic created: 03-20-2023 08:51 AM)
Laststpdbender
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I decided to create an account and reply some messages in the community and the way you handle this site is just comedy. 

Why? 

Because I cannot display comments as your site says the widget doesn't work. I read other users comments about that particular problem and you suggested to open it in browser and desktop mode. What kind of developers are handling the front end of your site that it's not even working properly? 

And do you think that even solves your other issues? 

What about the wrong html found in the body error then?

I see a post and I want to reply. I simply enter a sentence and then hit reply button. Then nothing happens, reply button is disappearing, the site shows no respond and then I get this error:

"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied." 

On the top of it this :

"Correct the highlighted errors and try again." 

And there's nothing highlighted in the text! You know what's funny? It even happens now that I have to try it twice to post this issue here. 

I type my reply on your website, in the typing section you provided. I simply write a sentence which is a string. So how does your website somehow puts wrong http in the body and somehow removes it and then I have to hit the reply button again after waiting for seconds as your website doesn't show any single reaction?

Additionally, why all your emails, settings and all other information related to the my Samsung account coming in the language of the location I live , not the language I use? Maybe I don't speak that language well and maybe that's why I chose English? Do I have to translate everything you sent in that languages which you don't even give me the option to choose what language I prefer? 

Came here to report a bug after your update and even your website is buggy. Great Samsung! Full of useless stuff that I have to deal. 

For your information, I tried Edge, Opera and finally here in Chrome. All in desktop mode as you suggested (why though I have to use it that way if you're unable to make a site working smoothly in mobile?) 

6 Replies
_Sara_
Comet
Options
So, can you briefly tell what issue you have?
You meant that the Samsung Members app doesn't work properly on your device?
0 Likes
Laststpdbender
Asteroid
Options

If developers on this website has the same capacity to understand a simple text as you do now, I guess we have a long way to go here.

I replied another member above complaining about my long text. Go and read!

Right now I'm typing in this editor box, I will hit the reply button and I will get the same error again and again which I don't understand how I put wrong html in the body while typing? This is your issue and there are thousands of forum out there providing much better UI experience. Congratulations Samsung!

error again .jpg

0 Likes
Laststpdbender
Asteroid
Options

If the problem requires a detailed explanation, then a paragraph is necessary yes!

The issue is to post a comment like I'm doing now. After finishing and clicking on reply, it waits waits waits then pops out wrong html in the body error. It says it cleared it and wrong messages highlighted. I check there's nothing highlighted. There wasn't anything wrong with the text as I type in the provided box here.

Check the photos for a better understanding if you still don't get it! Because I'm still having that issue right now.after hitting 'reply'.jpgerror message.jpg

Is it clear to you now? Why people are lazy to read long texts nowadays?

That's not the only issue as the comments are not showing and I have to use the site on desktop mode in my mobile phone. Check the photo saying widget not loading the content!

So people come here to simply post a comment by using their browsers on mobile phone and that's simply not possible?

widget error.jpg

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
I have been working with the developers via the Mods by supplying the requested source html of the errors that I'm seeing here but have not received feedback from that....hopefully it will get fixed soon. And yea, it happens when using any Windows or Android browser to access the community.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Laststpdbender
Asteroid
Options

Hello. 

It's good to see you're working on the issue. 

I don't know how many times I tried to post a single comment yesterday.

I have to hit reply, wait, and then I have to try posting again. However, if I edit sth, I have to try at least twice again. It looks like the site adds html headings in the typing section that's not visible to the user. 

I also hope you'll fix the issue with the e-mails and notifications you sent to the user. After logging in for the first time and obviously I have to renew passport, do the activation. However, everything I get is in the local language. However, please keep in mind that people can live/work abroad so you should give the ability to select what language we prefer to receive information from you. I had to translate each email from my phone to understand what really going on. 

Hopefully you'll solve the widget not loading the replies as well. 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hello, Thank you for posting in the Community, and bringing this to our attention.  The moderators have reported the matter to our platform engineers. We appreciate you being part of the community, and look forward to future posts from you!

0 Likes