Original topic:

Galaxy Tag 2 cannot be re-registered to original owner

(Topic created: 03-02-2024 11:43 AM)
useryr5gavVnQn
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

I have a Galaxy Tag 2 which I wanted to transfer to my wife.  I deleted the tag from my SmartThings app and the tried to register to my wife's phone.

After I reset the tag per the instruction, it says "This Tag belongs to someone else".  Therefore, I tried to register it back to myself to delete it again, but it says the same "This Tag belongs to someone else."

I am the original owner and I have QR code and everything.

How can I register it back to me, and then transfer to my wife?

2 Replies
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Smart Home Support
Hey there, I hope you're doing well.

Go to https://my.smartthings.com and login to your Samsung account. Next, tap the three dots on the top right of page and then click advanced users. After that, go to devices on left hand side menu and hit the red trash can next to your smart tag.

You'll then be able to register the device to another account (or your own again.)

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "āœ“ Accept as Solution" button.
0 Likes
useryr5gavVnQn
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Thank you.  However, I have already deleted the tag from my inventory from the SmartThings app in my phone.

When I checked the web site, the tag is already deleted from my inventory.  At that point, I couldn't follow you advice.

My problem is that, even though I deleted the tag from my inventory, why it still says it belongs to someone else when I don't see the tag in my inventory any more.

0 Likes