JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SmartThings Account Alerts verification text not working.

(Topic created: 02-12-2024 11:10 PM)
user3PYiZ370Y3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Smart Home Support
Hello everyone,

I recently set up a new SmartTag2 and set up an automation for it in the SmartThings app. I set it to text me if the button on the tag is pressed or held. To complete this, I was required to verify my phone number from a Samsung text. I received the text from 844647 and replied YES (see attached photos). Nothing happened. There was no verification, confirmation or otherwise. In-fact, I replied YES several times, nothing works and my automation is showing that my phone number still hasn't been confirmed. I can't even go in and remove my number and readd it, see the last photo.

Is this a known issue or is there something I can do on my end to resolve this? For the record, I accepted the possible data charges notification that displays when responding to the 844647 number, and I certainly don't have the number blocked. Additionally, short codes are not blocked by my service provider (T-Mobile) either, as I receive and reply to other short codes without issue.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Smart Home Support

Hello! Welcome to the community! We found a link with additional information for the SMS notifications for Smart things that you can find here: https://partners.smartthings.com/terms-sms. We hope that this will help resolve your symptoms. If not, please feel free to post your feedback and inquiry within the Smart things community, so the experts can take a look into it! You can also contact our smart things team at, 1-866-813-2404 or by email at, support@smartthings.com

View solution in context

0 Likes
18 Replies
dawnshome
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

I am having the same issue! I replied yes, stop, help -- nothing gets a response or confirmation

user3PYiZ370Y3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Smart Home Support
I'm sorry you're having this issue, but I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm trying with Samsung help, but unfortunately they are not being very helpful as of right now. This issue is clearly on their end. Please let me know if you find a solution and I will do the same.
0 Likes
dawnshome
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

What mobile provider do you have?

0 Likes
user3PYiZ370Y3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Smart Home Support
T-Mobile (formerly Sprint).
0 Likes
dawnshome
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Me too! So now I am wondering if this is a t-mobile issue.

0 Likes
user3PYiZ370Y3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Smart Home Support
It may be, but I'm not sure what it could be. The short code service works for both sending and receiving for other services.
0 Likes
dawnshome
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

I know. I am on tech support with them now 🙂

0 Likes
user3PYiZ370Y3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Smart Home Support
With T-Mobile? If so, please let me know if you find anything out, especially a resolution! I would be so thankful. 😀
0 Likes
dawnshome
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

I waited for 15 hours to connect with customer service who told me to leave my account open to the support team for 1 month. I am not comfortable doing this since I do not think that has anything to do with the short code issue,