JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SmartThings Account Alerts verification text not working.

(Topic created: 02-20-2024 11:52 AM)
user3PYiZ370Y3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Hello everyone,

I recently set up a new SmartTag2 and set up an automation for it in the SmartThings app. I set it to text me if the button on the tag is pressed or held. To complete this, I was required to verify my phone number from a Samsung text. I received the text from 844647 and replied YES (see attached photos). Nothing happened. There was no verification, confirmation or otherwise. In-fact, I replied YES several times, nothing works and my automation is showing that my phone number still hasn't been confirmed. I can't even go in and remove my number and readd it, see the last photo.

Is this a known issue or is there something I can do on my end to resolve this? For the record, I accepted the possible data charges notification that displays when responding to the 844647 number, and I certainly don't have the number blocked. Additionally, short codes are not blocked by my service provider (T-Mobile) either, as I receive and reply to other short codes without issue.

18 Replies
user3PYiZ370Y3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Yeah, I'm not doing that either! Their "help" has been totally subpar for me on my end, too.
user3PYiZ370Y3
Cosmic Ray
Options
I have an open inquiry and error report submitted. Hopefully the right eyes see it and they can get it figured out, but I'm not holding out any hope.
user3PYiZ370Y3
Cosmic Ray
Options
I've given up hope. I received an email from Samsung from my inquiry. They explain they literally have no idea what SmartThings account alerts are. I clearly and with detail, explained the entirety of the issue to them in my original inquiry. Their response is almost comical, I may screenshot it and post it here. Additionally, they're asking me for more information and there is literally no way to respond to the email, or respond to them in any manner, or even a ticket number. I'm at my wit's end with their "support" in this issue.
0 Likes
dawnshome
Asteroid
Options

T-Mobile confirmed short codes work on my phone and can see my messages to 844-647 are going through. They were able to connect me directly with a human at SmartThings. They could not figure it out either so I was moved to Level 2 support and should hear back in 2-3 days.

user3PYiZ370Y3
Cosmic Ray
Options
I figured as much. Now we have to wait for Samsung to finally "acknowledge" the problem indeed is on their end, find the fix, and apply it... 🙄
0 Likes
dawnshome
Asteroid
Options

I had a friend try from a phone on Verizon and had the exact same experience. I honestly do not feel SmartThings understands the issue. And their customer service is just awful!

user3PYiZ370Y3
Cosmic Ray
Options
100% agree. Hopefully this post gains some traction and something is done soon.
0 Likes
dawnshome
Asteroid
Options

They replied to me that they are sending text messages for the event. I can see "text message sent" in notifications BUT... I am not getting text messages. They closed my request afaik since they say it is working.

However, I still have the ! by my name in the automation I was trying to set up and still have the error message that says it cannot send text messages.

I am still getting no feedback from my many attempts to confirm with 844-647 which t-mobile has confirmed went through and also confirms has not sent anything back to me. 

Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 8.41.13 AM.jpegIMG_5C9FCF26FF21-1.jpegIMG_68FFCA0544A7-1.jpeg

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hello! Welcome to the community! We found a link with additional information for the SMS notifications for Smart things that you can find here: https://partners.smartthings.com/terms-sms. We hope that this will help resolve your symptoms. If not, please feel free to post your feedback and inquiry within the Smart things community, so the experts can take a look into it! You can also contact our smart things team at, 1-866-813-2404 or by email at, support@smartthings.com

0 Likes