Original topic:

Can not view S7 gallery and Google Photos

(Topic created: 08-27-2021 03:01 AM)
JWG82
Halo
Options
Tablets

Why am i unable to view my google photos in Samsung Gallery on my S7 tablet, unlike my Note20 ultra5g where I am able to? Is this because the S7 only has Syne with microsoft One Drive? Or am I just stupid and not seeing it?

6 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@JWG82 On your Note 20 Ultra you must have Google Photos configured to backup your Gallery on the Note 20 Ultra. So the photos you see in Gallery just happen to have been backed up to Google photos. It's not that Gallery is showing the contents of Google Photos, it's that Google Photos has a copy of photos that are on your phone being shown in the Gallery. 

In Gallery on your S7 tablet it shows the photos that you have taken on your S7 tablet. That Gallery won't show the items in Google Photos because the photos don't exist on the S7 tablet. To see them in the S7 tablet Gallery, you would need to download them from Google Photos to your S7 tablet. 

0 Likes
JWG82
Halo
Options
Tablets
@LongHiker
I hear what you are saying, however, I recently took photos on my S7, and they aleady show up in my Note20 gallery, and I have disabled all photo folders from synching though Microsoft. Reason being is because I already pay for google one and I'm cheap and can't bing myself to pay another monthly subscription to have duplicate storage of the same thing
0 Likes
Options
Tablets
Its not Microsoft one drive that's sync your photos. It's Google drive that's sync your photos. Google drive is also free. when you take a picture with your tab S7 it shows up in Google photos on your tab S7 and sync that to Google drive. Which Google drive then sync it to your Note 20
0 Likes
JWG82
Halo
Options
Tablets
how do i get Google Drive to sync vise versa from Note20 to S7? the Note20 takes better pictures and more convenient, and more convenient to edit on S7 than Note20
0 Likes
Options
Tablets
Install google drive on your Note 20 if not already installed. And set up to sync all an new photos to the Google cloud (Google drive)

And the photos would then appear on your S7 in your Google photos thru the Google cloud (google drive)
0 Likes
ArtDesk
Nebula
Options
Tablets
My files, Google Drive is in the list of storage apps.
0 Likes