Original topic:

Cannot mirror Tab S9 FE+ screen to TV using HDMI cable

(Topic created: 02-17-2024 01:12 PM)
Bazsl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

I am trying to mirror the screen on my S9 FE+ tablet to either a TV or an external monitor. The connection setup is: S9 USB-C port > powered hub > HDMI cable > TV. According to an article on the Samsung site and a couple of YouTube videos the tablet's screen should appear on the TV as soon as I plug everything together but all I get on the TV is a blank screen. I have also tried a 4k monitor an place of the TV and that does not work. However, if I unplug the hub from the tablet and plug it into my Win 11 laptop everything works so the hub does work. Any suggestions? Note that this is my first Samsung tablet so I am still in learning mode. Thanks.

Bill

0 Likes
18 Replies
7thCal
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Is the HDMI cord 2.1? Is the TV settings on the input correctly? Can you use the Casting if everything is on the same WiFi network? If the TV has a lan but the laptop is on WiFi then it won't work. The laptop needs to be setup for 4k and most likely not
0 Likes
Bazsl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Thanks for your reply. The TV I tested with is a Samsung Model LN22B460B2D manufactured in 2009. There may be incompatibilities due to it's age. I also tested with a Dell model UP2718Q 27" 4K monitor that I purchased in 2019 which uses HDMI 2.0a. I don't know why that monitor does not work. I don't know if the HDMI cable is 2.1 or not but it does work when I connect my Dell 7540 laptop to the monitor. I tried casting with a slightly newer TV but I don't think the TV supports casting. I do not understand what you mean by, "The laptop needs to be setup for 4k and most likely not". Do you mean that the Galaxy Tab S9 must be setup for 4K? If so, how do I do that?

0 Likes
Satru
Comet
Options
Tablets
The menu in the tv have for each hdmi port the option UHD , disable in the port used.
0 Likes
Bazsl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

The TV does not have a UHD option that I can find. I suspect it is too old (2009).

0 Likes
Satru
Comet
Options
Tablets
Yes older model 720p/60mhz, did you check the firmware ver??1708441115178.jpg
0 Likes
Bazsl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Thanks for your suggestion. I did update the firmware but the TV still says there is no signal on the HDMI port.

0 Likes
Bazsl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

I also tested on a Samsung UN48J520DAF TV with the latest firmware and got the same no signal message on the HDMI port. I am beginning to think that mirroring the screen does not work with the S9 FE+.

0 Likes
Satru
Comet
Options
Tablets
Check the screen resolution out to the tv if matching the max tv resolution supported.
0 Likes
Bazsl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

1) When I go to Settings > Display I do not see anything about resolution or an external monitor. Where will I find the resolution setting?

2) If resolution is the problem, why is the message on the TV "no signal"?

0 Likes