JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cannot mirror Tab S9 FE+ screen to TV using HDMI cable

(Topic created: 02-17-2024 01:12 PM)
Bazsl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

I am trying to mirror the screen on my S9 FE+ tablet to either a TV or an external monitor. The connection setup is: S9 USB-C port > powered hub > HDMI cable > TV. According to an article on the Samsung site and a couple of YouTube videos the tablet's screen should appear on the TV as soon as I plug everything together but all I get on the TV is a blank screen. I have also tried a 4k monitor an place of the TV and that does not work. However, if I unplug the hub from the tablet and plug it into my Win 11 laptop everything works so the hub does work. Any suggestions? Note that this is my first Samsung tablet so I am still in learning mode. Thanks.

Bill

JUMP TO SOLUTION
DBJones1
Constellation
Options
Tablets
My new S9+ 5g tablet allowed me to mirror once but has failed subsequent attempts. No problem on the previous generation tablet. Maybe the solution to your issue will solve my dilemma as well.
0 Likes
Royulty67
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I am trying to mirror to a fire stick 4k. Anyone out there that can help?
0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Try connecting to the monitor and then in Settings->Connected Devices->Samsung DeX->Autostart when HDMI is connected

And then from the pull down turn on DeX.  If DeX works on the monitor you know that the HW is compaible

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
Bazsl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Following your instructions with my Dell 4k monitor I get a message on the monitor that there is no HDMI signal. This not an issue for me so I will not waste any more time on it. Thanks for trying.

Bill

0 Likes
GJH123
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hi, I am trying to connect my Samsung tablet s9 using hdmi to an external monitor and getting no connection as described by the other folk on this thread.  Replaced the tablet with my Samsung S24 Ultra and the connection works perfectly. I have tried turning on Dex, still no connection. Tried different cables, monitors, etc.  This looks like a fundamental fault with the s9 tablet. 

Crystal619
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I am having same issue. My S24 ultra runs hdmi screen mirror and dex option flawlessly, but this tablet doesn't see any output hooked to it. Charging by USB is only option given.
0 Likes
userKmMaMsQ9b1
Constellation
Options
Tablets
My zfold 4 connects to a Razer hub flawlessly. My tab s9 ultra refuses to recognize the monitor though. It will connect to all other peripherals in the dock, so it seems like some issue with external displays and their tabs
0 Likes
Solution
Gkvhome
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Samsung Customer Support sent me the following link that states under DeX compatibility, Galaxy Tabs, Note: The S9 FE is not compatible with HDMI output. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062657/

Tursiops
Constellation
Options
Tablets

My Galaxy S9 also does not work, on a new Panasonic TV, with HDMI.  Just get black screen.  My Galaxy S21 works perfectly,  first time.  Can't get S9 to work at all. 

0 Likes