Original topic:

Considering iPad

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
Terrapin69
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
So, I have Samsung pretty much everything. From my cell phone, to my earbuds, I rely on Samsung and Android for almost everything I do. However I was thinking of getting an iPad as my everyday tablet. Before doing so, would that be a good integration with everything else I use? I'm looking at the iPad 9th generation 10.2-in screen and really can't find any Android or Samsung competitor that's truly in the same class from what I have read. Any suggestions? Am I going to experience any compatibility issues? 

I know that I can download Google drive and everything to iPad so I'm assuming cross-functionality shouldn't be a problem. 

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.
11 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@Terrapin69 I think that you would be better off posting in an Apple discussion group where people are actively using iPads. 

Terrapin69
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Yeah maybe, but I thought someone in this forum would be better poised to advise if they were in the same position and chose an iPad along with all of their other Samsung gadgets. I mean after all, it's just a post. If no one responds to it, so be it.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Tablets
It depends what you are going to use that tablet for.

I have a S24u and a Tab S9+, they work seamlessly together. Sending files from either devices back and fourth is amazing.

The clincher for me, having Google Messages on both devices.

For basically the same price you can get a Tab
s9 fe, with spen and expandable storage.
Terrapin69
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Thank you and I think that's the way I'm going to go. While they're not the same price, the iPad now is now on sale for $249 but only has 64 gig of memory and the FE is 349 with 128 plus expandable memory, I think you're right in saying that that is the best bet. I certainly do not need an S9 Plus so I think the FE would be a reasonable option
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Tablets
64gb is definitely a no go
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Tablets
Also it comes with the Spen
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Tablets
lol
Sun
Options
Tablets
I would suggest going to YouTube and looking for videos that compare the Tab S9 Ultra to the iPad Pro.
CaribeBaby
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I'm the same as you, an android/Samsung person. I used an iPad Air, latest edition, for 2 months and hated it. I gave it back. Things are not just different, they are not better, IMO. It wasn't going to be a matter of getting used to it. Plus there's no integration with your Samsung phone or other devices.