Original topic:

Creator Pen writing on S7 plus tablet one inch away from tablet

(Topic created: 03-22-2024 07:56 AM)
Unicorn101
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Dear community,

recently I bought a used Samsung S7 plus tab in mint conditions for university. Unfortunately it came without a pen. Temporarily not a big problem, because I have an old galaxy note 8 tab and its tiny pen works like a charme on the S7 plus. But I need a bigger pen for my big hands, when writing a lot.

So I bought a used Creator Pen, also in mint conditions with the two unused replacement tips included.

The problem is, that the pen starts writing nearly 1 inch above the surface of the tablet. I can lay down a pencil and write across it without problems, so the distance is really huge. Unfortunately, it also writes when the tip is detached. So it does not solve the problem to pull out the tip and gently push it back in. Also a new tip does not work, because it already writes without the tip.

Any ideas??

8 Replies
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Tablets
The tip has nothing to do with how it writes. It just for the user to feel "contact" and use the pressure as if you are writing.

Sounds to me it's more than likely the pen the issue as using a normal stylus doesn't have the same issue.
0 Likes
Unicorn101
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I found onother issue. When I turn on Air View, to see the brush on the screen prior to writing, my Galaxy pen shows a small circle, nearly at the same distance when the Creator Pen starts to write. But the Galaxy pen only starts when touching the screen, the Creator Pen writes immediately without shownig the brush in advance...??!

0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Tablets
You can try disabling air view under advanced settings but I'm not sure if that will work
0 Likes
Unicorn101
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I normally work without Air View in Samsung Notes, the pen does also not work properly when turned off...

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Difficult to guess what's wrong when you have a used tablet and a used S-Pen.  Often the symptom you describe is rectified by replacing the nib.  Since that didn't work there's a chance the pen is bad. 

I would boot the Tab into the Safe Mode and see if that has any effect otherwise since you really don't know the history of either the Tab or the pen, you might need to send it in for service. 

You could also take the tablet and ppen to a Best Buy or someplace that sells Samsung stuff (phone carrier) and talk them into letting you use your pen on their device and use their pen on your device to try to isolate the problem. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Unicorn101
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thanks for the tipp, I tried safe mode, althought I was sure it wouldnt change anything because the galaxy tab pen works flawless and I was right. Same effect.

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

The fact that you had another pen that was working totally escaped me in my thought process.  So sine hanging the nib didn't work it is a bad pen unfortunately. 

How does it charge?  maybe if you let it discharge fully you can use it without BT and see if that works.... just a thought. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Unicorn101
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

It seems that there is a general problem with the pen. On the German Samsung website, there are two reviews of the Creator Edition pen, who describe the same issue. It should work with every Tab that is S-Pen compatible, but unfortunately it does not....oO