JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do I open .sdocx files from a Samsung S6 lite on my Windows computer?

(Topic created: 11-22-2021 12:33 PM)
userVZADhSDwnW
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hey guys,
I have a problem with my Samsung S6 lite. Luckily I have the files backed up in the cloud and am now looking for a solution to open the .sdocx files on my windows machine. I was able to install the Samsung app but am not able to open the files. I believe because the app can only open .sdoc files and not .sdocx. I have not been able to find a converter. Do any of you have a solution?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

Hello! I will be happy to assist you. The .sdocx files are proprietary to Samsung Notes, but there are several options for using them on your PC. When you download the Samsung Notes app from the Microsoft Store, make sure to go to settings and sign in to your Samsung account to sync your notes. You also have the option on your tablet to sync your information to One Note using your Microsoft account.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

Hello! I will be happy to assist you. The .sdocx files are proprietary to Samsung Notes, but there are several options for using them on your PC. When you download the Samsung Notes app from the Microsoft Store, make sure to go to settings and sign in to your Samsung account to sync your notes. You also have the option on your tablet to sync your information to One Note using your Microsoft account.

userVZADhSDwnW
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hi, thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, the Samsung Notes app crashes during the login process on my Windows computer :/. So, unfortunately, I can not test your suggestion :/.

But i have to say, that i did not use the Microsoft Store because when i click on the App the page tells me the following: Try again. The page could not be loaded. Try again later. 

But it won't work.. even later...

0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Tablets
Create a note with them shared to the doc then open notes and sync them to the notes app, if you have a Samsung laptop. Or link share them. If you have office open the doc and save it as an office file. On both devices then sync.
0 Likes
userVZADhSDwnW
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hi, i did not quite understand what you are suggesting. Sorry.

0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Tablets
Download your file, open it in the office program on your device that opens it. Then save it as a word file, pdf or something universal. Or you can take your spen smart select it and extract the text. Share it too Samsung Note app. When it opens its the circle with the plus sign in it at the bottom. Hit it, a new note will open and it will put the extracted text there.
0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Tablets
2nd option, use your spen open the pen menu, choose screen write. You can save the entire document without writing on it. Samsung Note will allow you to edit and sync it on both your devices.
0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Tablets
Or open the docs and Bluetooth them if all else fails.
0 Likes