JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Galaxy Tab A has recently become insanely slow, what can I do to make it faster?

(Topic created: 07-04-2023 11:31 AM)
Options
Tablets

I'd like help figuring out the steps I need to take to make my tablet fast, also any advice on identifying bloatware I can safely remove, disable, and on improving the update settings so unused apps aren't updating in the background, and updates are happening at times I'm not using the tablet.

Here's some device info, let me know if more info is needed.

RAM: 3 GB
System and Apps: 1.4 - 1.6 GB
Available: 1 - 1.2 GB
Reserved: 404 MB
Foreground Apps:
Chrome (255 MB)
YouTube (148 MB)
Background Apps:
Android Services Library (12.3 MB)
Settings Suggestions (5.06 MB)
com.qualcomm.atfwd (3.8 MB)
Bixby Service (10 MB)
Call settings (13.3 MB)
TeeService (4.44 MB)
Google Services Framework (11.4 MB)
Dsms (3.71 MB)
Calendar (13.9 MB)
BadgeProvider (4.43 MB)
Samsung Internet (19.4 MB)
ClipboardSaveService (16.8 MB
SoundAlive (4.48 MB)
Samsung Experience Service (27.7 MB)
com.sec.android.app.chromecustomizations (3.69 MB)
Galaxy Essentials Widget (5.14 MB)
Media Storage (9.84 MB)
Samsung Notes (18.2 MB)
ClipboardUIService (29.2 MB)
Context Service (10 MB)
Weather (19.3 MB)
Download Manager (9.84 MB)
Package Access Helper (3.39 MB)
Clock (15.7 MB)
Device Health Services (7.52 MB)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets
 Hello, everyone. I want to thank you all for your assistance. Everyone is very helpful, and I would  like to add a few tips to assist as well.  

We advise that you stay up to date on the latest software for your device, as this can cause the tablet to be slower as you stated. You can check for software updates here- https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/

We've located this information as well for your reference to review here: 
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078985/. We've provided this resourceful article because, as previously mentioned by the Community users, it could likely be a third party application causing the slowness.​ 

View solution in context

10 Replies
mrcoolkid999
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
You probably have no ram or storage left. All u can do is get a SD Card or delete stuff.
Options
Tablets

But why is my RAM so low?

Last month I had 1,000 tabs open and it was faster than it is now with only 4 to 6 tabs.

0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
Unfortunately, budget friendly tabs don't have enough storage ram and processor power to be smooth for long. What you can do is delete and disable all apps that you don't need . If you don't use, then delete or disable. Of you have the option for virtual ram use it. And then unlock developer mode by tapping on the build version in settings about tablet. Next in developer mode Change as shown in photo to .5 also clear memory often and kill background apps Screenshot_20230704_133122_Settings.jpg
Options
Tablets

I went into the device care and cleared the background apps, but they just come back.

The only two apps I use regularly are Chrome and YouTube, I don't know what all this junk is and I don't know what's critical or what can be deleted/disabled/uninstalled.

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Backup your photo's and documents and perform a Factory Data Reset which will delete everything and return your tablet to new condition. 

Do not restore any Apps but instead manually install the ones that you currently use.   You've probably installed loads of apps which are taking up RAM and Storage but you don't use.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Options
Tablets

Will that be a problem if my only internet connection is from this tablet?

Will I be able to get back online or will I need a secondary connection to get the tablet working again after resetting it?

0 Likes
HeavensOG
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
What's your other storage at? From what I read you have a lot of apps you can Uninstall updates then disable them you don't need. Go thru your apps and sort by last used and disable uninstall and disable the ones you never use. Stay away from the system apps if your not sure what it is but I have a cheap tablet too and 90% of apps I can disable I have and it runs fine but I also have 264gb card for my pics and movies so probably want to get one they not to expensive think mine was 20$ or less
0 Likes
Options
Tablets

My storage was around 27 / 32 GB but I deleted lots of videos and photos, now it's around 14 / 32 GB.

But it is still very slow.

I'm afraid to let the tablet download updates because I'm worried it will get slower. But maybe the newer versions would be faster?

0 Likes
DaeDae311
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Check storage
Use something like CCleaner
Delete the apps you haven't used within the past 3 months+
Use the members app (if available) to check for hardware faults
0 Likes