Original topic:

SM-X200 Tab A8 Ant+ disconnects 20secs after initiating

(Topic created: 02-04-2024 07:23 AM)
nomadcelt
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Purchased Tab A8 (SM-X200) to use Ant+ for Zwift

Only after it arrived did I discover Samsung has dropped native support for Ant+ and so purchased an Ant+ USB dongle. I've installed AntRadioService, AntUSBService, AntPlugins and USB OTG.

The USB initiates, finds the Ant+ devices and works for approx 20secs before the Tab tells me it no longer has any Ant+ hardware and disconnects everything.

I've tried to run it without WiFi (Bluetooth only) and the same thing happens.

What's going on, Samsung?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

As Samsung doesn't support Ant, you will need to contact the developers of the products that you're using for this capability.  In the likely event that the developers blame it on Samsung (finger pointing), it is their responsibility to contact Samsung and work through the issue. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

As Samsung doesn't support Ant, you will need to contact the developers of the products that you're using for this capability.  In the likely event that the developers blame it on Samsung (finger pointing), it is their responsibility to contact Samsung and work through the issue. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor