Original topic:

Tab S9+ 6.1 update now touch problems

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
GavBak
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Since updating to 6.1 I started having weird problems with touch when I Wake from sleep. I'll press the power button and there's no response from the screen from my touch on the fingerprint reader or on the screen itself however it does register pen touch still. Putting it back to sleep and starting it again seems to be hit or miss I've had to do it several times to re-enable the touch one time even felt that I needed a hard boot it because I couldn't get it to re-enable touch with that.
3 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

I would first try booting to Safe Mode and see if the problem persists.  If it doesn't then it's an incompatible app causing this,. 

Also, it wouldn't hurt to clear the system cache after a version update. Turn off the device 

* Connect to a computer via USB

Press and hold Volume Up + Power buttons simultaneously till the device logo appears

When it logo appears, release Power button but hold the others few more seconds

Release all the buttons when Recovery Mode screen appears

You can use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to scroll up or down, and the Power button to select

Using the Vol Down rocker, select Wipe Cache Partition

Press the Power button to select 

Use the Vol Down button to select Repair Apps

Use the power button to select

Use the Vol Down button to select Restart

Use the power button to select

* Some devices need to be connected to a computer in order to enter the Recovery Mode.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
GavBak
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Really appreciate it, will give it a try
0 Likes
GavBak
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
On S9 plus, I have to shut off with
-hold power button and volume down
-when shuts off, hold power and volume up
When logo appears release power button but continue holding volume up.

This does not require PC connection
0 Likes