Original topic:

What's happening to Galaxy Tab 9 update

(Topic created: 03-15-2024 05:22 PM)
Megistic
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
The last update on my galaxy tab 9+ was November. Why is it taking Samsung more than 4 months to update the galaxy tab. Verizon did their last galaxy tab update 2/14/2024. For those of us with unlock Galaxy tab, nothing yet. What's the point bring out these devices if you won't update them. 
10 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Tablets are on a 3 month update schedule and a new update for 6.1 is rumored to be released this month for the tablets

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Megistic
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
The last update I had was November 2023. This is March 2024. I keep hearing quarterly updates. Mine's not been updated.
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Tablets
Quarterly updates, January, February, and March is (Q1). It's not late yet.

0 Likes
Megistic
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
It's December, January, February.
0 Likes
PeninaD
Comet
Options
Tablets
Thank you, I have been irked about this myself.
This is not my first Galaxy Tab device... my 6th in fact, so I know not to expect monthly security updates (although I think there should be)
0 Likes
3Fees
Nebula
Options
Tablets
They do get behind with all the phones, tablets, etc.

Cheers

3fees
0 Likes
TheFerret
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

My S9 Ultra is also still on the Nov 2023 update. Samsung's security update policy for tablets is completely unacceptable. Add in the reasoning that an update should fall "within a quarter," and you could very well end up with 2 updates per year and still meet this flawed policy. Security updates need to be done monthly, just like they do for new phones. And how Apple and Google update just about all of their devices. Phones, tablets, smart TV, watches, etc.

There are way too many bad actors, threats, and known vulnerabilities to treat this as such a low priority. And every day, more bad unpatched stuff is discovered.

Samsung - Fix this. 

0 Likes
Megistic
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I agree with you :hundred_points:. I actually reached out to Samsung, and I was told the November 2023 update is the latest up. I think it is unacceptable. There was nothing wrong with my Tab 7+, I got the tab 9+ because Samsung nolonger updated the Tab 7+. If I knew the update wasn't going to come as at when due, I would've kept my tab 7+. Maybe my next purchase would be Google if Samsung doesn't do the needful. What's the point of putting new devices in the market without updates.
TheFerret
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Sadly, this will be my last Samsung device until this changes. I can't justify this kind of money for a media consumption device. I'm not doing anything productive on a device that's not updated regularly per industry standards and best practices. I'll either have to stick to my Apple/Google devices or Linux/Windows for PC.

In fact, this "flagship" tablet is the least updated and running with the oldest security patch by at least 4+ months compared to any of my other devices. And at over $1,400, one of the most expensive.

While Samsung does update their *current* phones, meaning I could still buy those, I'll be speaking with my wallet and staying away entirely. Since they certainly don't listen to comments or support cases.